Booker - Fox & Friends First
Fox News ChannelNew York, NY
Full Time Job
We are looking for talented Booker to join Fox & Friends First. As the Booker, you understand the importance of the ''first phone call''. You have the ability to reel in the big get before anyone else is even awake! You know what it takes to get the exclusive. You have the right attitude and understand that Fox and Friends requires a level of commitment – unlike any other program on television.
You will be assigned the following shift: Sundays-Thursdays
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Book seasoned guests as well as fresh faces for live show
• Pitch unique and interesting stories that our viewers will relate to
• Conduct research and compile well rounded pre- interviews
• Manage the daily deadline turnarounds of a live-show
• Strategize with your colleagues on best booking approaches
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• A bachelor's degree and or relevant work experience
• An extensive rolodex and can book everyone from high-profile guests, celebrities and people at the center of major news stories
• Previous booking experience
• 5 years of experience in television
• Strong writing skills and editorial judgement
• A passion for current events
• Willingness and ability to work under tight deadline pressures while juggling long-term bookings
• Ability to work weekends
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox News Channel
Fox News Channel (FNC) is a 24-hour all-encompassing news service dedicated to delivering breaking news as well as political and business news. A top five cable network, FNC has been the most-watched news channel in the country for more than 14 years and according to a Suffolk University/USA Today poll, is the most trusted television news source in the country. Owned by 21st Century Fox, FNC is available in more than 90 million homes and dominates the cable news landscape, routinely notching the top ten programs in the genre.