Associate Producer, Media Desk
Fox News ChannelWashington, DC
This was removed by the employer on 7/12/2019 6:04:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Film and TV Production Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Associate Producer, Media Desk jobs in Washington-DC
Search all Associate Producer, Media Desk postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Associate Producer, Media Desk? JOB DESCRIPTION
As a service desk to both Fox News Channel, Fox Business Network and dotcom entities, the Media Desk is looking for an Associate Producer to work in our Washington DC bureau. You have a solid understanding of both the technical aspects of digital media and the editorial judgment of a newsroom environment. You have a general understanding of national/international news as well as a passion for politics and beltway news. A constant sense of urgency is absolutely required in order to make editorial and logistical decisions in a fast paced news environment.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Monitor large volumes of incoming media via Satellite, FTP and physical hardware ingest
• Use video hardware to ingest physical media into a digital system (monitoring quality control standards with correct video and audio levels)
• Understand digital video file formats, file conversion, file play-out and file transfer (FTP)
• Understand web video, streaming video, social media, Skype, etc.
• Complete basic desktop edits
• Attend daily interdepartmental meetings to proactively discuss and plan for future events
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• A Bachelor's degree and/or relevant work experience is preferred
• Strong writing skills and editorial judgment
• A passion for current events
• Familiarity with iNews
• Understanding of tape-less workflow in a newsroom
• Scheduled rotation between days, nights and weekends
• At least 3-5 years of live television newsroom experience
• Good communication skills and a positive attitude
• Ability to work seamlessly in a team-oriented environment
• Ability to work well with others and help to train co-workers and new employees This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.