Associate Producer, Development Team
Fox News ChannelNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Fox News looking for an Associate Producer to join the New York Bureau. As the Associate Producer you will oversee multiple long-form productions from concept to completion, working with a team of associate producers and production assistants to complete multiple projects at one time. You will also assist with other productions such as on-location town hall and live event programming and specials.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Handle all aspects of production including pitching story ideas, researching stories, writing and copy-editing scripts, coordinating field shoots, managing rights and clearances, supervising editing
• Work with other departments throughout Fox such as legal, finance, graphics, and field production
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Excellent writing and storytelling skills
• Ability to work with others under strict deadline pressures
• Writing and producing experience at a legitimate news organization
• Strong knowledge of current events as well as history
• Ability to write, edit and proof-read quality written content
• Ability to work as a part of a team
• Willingness to travel and work flexible hours e.g. overnight, early AM, late night & weekends
• Willingness to work long hours to complete complicated projects on deadline
• Ability to multi-task and handle concurrently various projects at different stages of completion
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox News Channel
Fox News Channel (FNC) is a 24-hour all-encompassing news service dedicated to delivering breaking news as well as political and business news. A top five cable network, FNC has been the most-watched news channel in the country for more than 14 years and according to a Suffolk University/USA Today poll, is the most trusted television news source in the country. Owned by 21st Century Fox, FNC is available in more than 90 million homes and dominates the cable news landscape, routinely notching the top ten programs in the genre.