Fox News ChannelWashington, DC
This was removed by the employer on 10/2/2019 1:07:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Film and TV Production Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Assignment Editor jobs in Washington-DC
Search all Assignment Editor postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Assignment Editor? JOB DESCRIPTION
Fox News is looking for an organized, motivated, curious individual with strong logistical and editorial skills to join our assignment desk team in the Washington D.C Bureau. As the Freelance Assignment Editor, you work with a team of people to coordinate daily News coverage, which includes moving crews, adjusting to cover breaking News and responding to cover a consistent flow of events at the Capitol, White House, Pentagon, State Department and other venues in DC. As the Freelance Assignment Editor, you also prioritize incoming editorial & logistical information and ensure it is clearly communicated to those who need it. Aggressively seeking out additional information and pitching stories is critical to success in this position. You must have a natural curiosity of News!
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assign, move and adjust crew coverage to keep the network competitive at all times
• Work with beat producers in planning and adjusting coverage as news breaks
• Monitor wires, social media and other broadcast networks for News developments
• Reach out to agencies, government departments and fox personnel to gather and confirm information
• Draft and distribute information to field, show and network personnel
• Organize and develop creative plans to maximize limited resources
• Coordinate with field, technical and satellite desk personnel to make sure incoming feeds between DC and NY are prioritized to provide the most competitive coverage
• Trains and works on satellite desk when needed.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Bachelor's degree and 5 years of experience in a local or national Newsroom
• Knowledge of the D.C. area is a plus
• Strong logistical and editorial skills with knowledge of national and international politics.
• Familiarity with the various D.C. government agencies.
• Keen understanding of how to gather news LIVE in the Washington, D.C. area and familiarity with satellite trucks, Live U technology, AVOC and various fiber drops.
• Knowledge of network pool operations at the desk level with an emphasis on understanding the unilateral benefit.
• A self-starter attitude paired with the ability to work independently
• Team-player attitude
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment, multitask, and prioritize on a daily basis, and especially in breaking News situations
• Familiarity with iNews, Outlook and ScheduAll a plus This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.