Administrative / Production Assistant
Fox News ChannelNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Fox News is committed to delivering news as it happens. We love what we do and we're looking for passionate, talented people to help us lead, grow and achieve our goals. Joining the number one cable news network in America is a singular opportunity to be part of a highly successful, dynamic team that has transformed the way people get their information.
In this role, you will assist the Vice President and Editor in Chief of Fox News.com
A snapshot of your responsibilities:
• Maintain effective communication regarding calendar and changes to calendar and schedule reminders
• Work closely with upper management and team managers
• Coordinate coverage for sick calls, leaves of absences, etc.
• Work closely with team managers to coordinate open shifts and implement scheduling changes
• Organizing and prioritizing confidential and ad hoc information
• Assist direct reports with special projects
• Handle Travel and Expenses
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work across multiple groups/levels in an organization
• Highly organized and self-starter who works well with people
• Ability to work autonomously in high pressure, fast-paced environment
• A bachelor's degree and or relevant work experience
• Resourcefulness and proactive team player
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Office
• Strong attention to detail and ability to multitask
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox News Channel
FOX News operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOXNews.com and the soon to launch OTT platform, FOX Nation. FOX News also produces FOX News Sunday on FOX Broadcasting Company and FOX News Edge. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched news channel in the country for more than 16 years. According to a 2018 Research Intelligencer study by Brand Keys, FOX News ranks as the second most trusted television brand in the country while a Suffolk University/USA Today survey states that FOX News is the most trusted source for television news or commentary in the country. FNC is available in 90 million homes and dominates the cable news landscape while routinely notching the top ten programs in the genre.