Fox News ChannelNew York, NY
We are looking for a Freelance A1 to join our New York Bureau. As a Freelance A1 you will be responsible of all the audio gear necessary for a broadcast. You will assist talent and guests with their microphone and earpiece requirements. They will work in coordination with the audio engineer in the control room. -
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Mic guests as needed for live and as-live production
• Assist in the maintenance of audio equipment under the direction of the A1
• Move and organize furniture and set pieces in studio prior and following shoot
• Assist with other tasks as directed by the A1 or manager
• Communicate any issues or audio needs to the control room
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Experience working in a television studio operation or field environment.
• Strong ability to react quickly to changing requirements
• Knowledge of RF frequencies and be able to troubleshoot when necessary
• Familiarity with mic'ing techniques for both field and studio
• Effective ability to plan ahead, identify possible problems, and possess strong trouble shooting skills required
• An understanding in aesthetics of microphone cabling and IFB wiring
• Ability to work weekdays, weekends, overnights, and holidays is a must
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox News Channel
Fox News Channel (FNC) is a 24-hour all-encompassing news service dedicated to delivering breaking news as well as political and business news. A top five cable network, FNC has been the most-watched news channel in the country for more than 14 years and according to a Suffolk University/USA Today poll, is the most trusted television news source in the country. Owned by 21st Century Fox, FNC is available in more than 90 million homes and dominates the cable news landscape, routinely notching the top ten programs in the genre.