Senior Paralegal and Contracts Manager
Fox Networks GroupSingapore, SG
Full Time Job
Senior Paralegal and Contracts Manager (1 Year Contract)
• Preparing initial drafts of agreements, e.g. template deals, standard agreements, renewals, extensions and addendums.
• Assisting lawyers with reviewing and drafting of letters and other agreements (e.g. licences, distribution, syndication, advertising sales, production, independent contractor, side letters, terminations, etc).
• Conducting legal compliance and legal due diligence searches and preparing summaries; liaising and coordinating with various business units to ensure completeness of information required for legal compliance and due diligence purposes.
• Maintaining the contracts database for all contracts for FNG, its affiliates and subsidiaries.
• Tracking and sending quarterly reminders of upcoming renewal dates, expirations etc. for key contracts.
• Managing group compliance testing responses – liaising with finance and operational departments, collation of information, preparation of tables, provision of copies.
• Liaising with and between FNG group companies, internal and external company secretaries and local authorities on corporate secretarial matters, and managing and applying various corporate seals and stamps.
• Conducting corporate registry searches.
• Managing audit requests (internal and external) – liaising with internal and external company secretaries, auditors and finance and operational departments, collation of information, preparation of tables, provision of copies
• Fact-checking/information collation/research for group projects.
• Preparation of debt recovery letters from template, and co-ordinating collation of related documents (contract, invoices, reminders etc).
• Preparation of contest/competition Terms & Conditions.
• General knowledge and research for broadcast and advertising regulations across footprint territories, plus maintaining and updating records of TV broadcast licenses and relevant Broadcast/Advertising guidelines, and liaising with Standard and Practices Team on local and regional issues.
• Other research support. Assistance with legal research and maintenance of local ''library''/e-file of relevant material.
• Other language support. Provision of informal translation of certain documentation, depending on nationality and language skills of candidate.
• Maintaining precedents/templates database.
• Acting as a first point of contact in the legal department.
• Fielding queries in the absence of legal staff (due to vacation, business trips, etc).
• Monitoring and participating in group approvals processes (where approvals required for certain types of matters).
• Monitoring additions to / changes in group policies.
• Processing Support. e.g. travel, expenses, health-insurance and staffing-administration related tasks.
• Coordinating/managing processing of invoices for external expenses incurred by legal department (e.g. external counsel, secretarial companies, governmental licenses).
• General administrative duties including coordinating timely contract/document signatures and document filing/archiving.
• 7 years in-house legal department experience required. Experience within the TV/media/ entertainment industry preferred.
• Must have comprehensive knowledge of legal terminology and the general workings of an in house legal department.
• Extensive experience in drafting and revising contracts, correspondence, and other legal documents based on standard templates or with guidance from supervising lawyers.
• Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.
• Good interpersonal skills (ability to work with a variety of internal departments plus external clients).
• Excellent oral and written communication skills. Fluent in English language is a MUST.
• Suitable balance of initiative and discretion combined with good judgment
• Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
• Up-to-date legal research skills
• Ability to work under pressure, prioritise and work to deadlines.
• Sensitivity to confidentialities.
• Commercially aware.
• Good team spirit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox Networks Group
Fox Networks Group (FNG) is a primary operating unit of 21st Century Fox (NASDAQ:FOXA). FNG consists of FOX Television Group, which includes FOX Broadcasting Company and 20th Century Fox Television; FOX Cable Networks, which includes FX Networks; FOX Sports Media Group, and National Geographic Partners. Together these units create, program and distribute on a worldwide basis much of America's most popular entertainment, sports and nonfiction programming.