Writer / Producer / Editor
Fox NetworkLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
We are looking for a Writer/Producer/Editor to join Fox Entertainment to write copy for advertising and promotions; produce video content, show launch promotions and co-branded advertising; and edit, direct and coordinate production resources with operations team. You will have the opportunity to build relationships with the best talent, show producers, and on-set production teams and bring your unique take to our FOX audience across multiple platforms. We are looking for someone who has a passion for viral advertising and knowledge of nuances of each social media channel and who can bring a deep understanding of brand identity and management, of pop culture and place of network television, video games, broadband, and interactive community within that culture, and of consumer interaction with emergent content delivery forms (e.g., MVPD, SVOD, mobile, social, digital).
A SNAPSHOT OF RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintain awareness of industry trends and the competitive landscape, including social media best practices, campaigns, emerging social tools, etc.
• Own content plans and oversee full lifecycle of online video creative, from ideation to post production through launch and distribution.
• Communicate upcoming content with other departments and plan appropriate resources within the department, i.e. shooters, editors and production equipment.
• Collaborate with Social, Digital, Publicity, Design and Media teams to develop platform-specific creative and find new ways to grow fan/follower base and engagement. Straddle both On-Air and Online worlds when executing 360 programs and sponsor integrations.
• Act as a creative resource and capitalize on opportunities to build show awareness and network brand extensions.
• Own the video distribution strategy and all associated spot information (e.g., music reporting, graphics orders, meta data, audio finishing, exclusivity).
• Ensure distribution partners and operations are all on the same page with scheduled content, which includes creation/oversight of presentation decks.
• Edit/create videos with unique, highly shareable angles relevant to FOX audience for multiple platforms including on-air, FOX NOW, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, etc.
• Serve as promotional content to service all of Fox Marketing and Publicity.
• Develop, champion and communicate content plans in meetings and with distribution partners.
• Ensure on target content strategy and distribution activation for all outlets including marketing, publicity and ad sales.
• Develop sales ideas and execute sponsorship content.
• Develop creative on movie partnerships and night hosting's.
• Contribute to on-air creative development of launch ideas and brainstorming.
• Identify themes and holiday ideas that appeal to social distribution.
• Stay current on new technology and usage within the marketplace and how it can be used.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Bachelor's Degree preferred or equivalent work experience
• Ability to problem solve
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe Premiere, AVID, Photoshop and Powerpoint/Keynote.
• Familiarity with graphics production, digital production, media formats, technical television knowledge (aspect ratios, HD formats, etc.) and associated software such as Adobe Premiere, AVID, Adobe After Effects CS4, Automatic Duck Pro Export/Import, and Sorenson Compression Suite is a plus.
• Strong storytelling sensibility with experience at network or other media property with young adult target audience focus.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
The FOX Network, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, the FOX Network has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.