Director, Talent Relations
Fox NetworkLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
We are looking for a Director of Talent Relations to manage all aspects of several network events/projects independently and be the main point of contact for actors participating in those events/projects. You will help and work closely with our Senior Vice President of Talent Relations with events/projects and manage and oversee temps and interns (hiring, projects). You should have a strong knowledge of gifting/trends and manage talent and EP gifting on behalf of the network.
A SNAPSHOT OF RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manage all aspects of weekend, early morning, and late evening network events (Affiliate events, Charity events, set visits, teen choice awards, etc.). Secure talent participation, create and provide talent with detailed itineraries, meet talent upon arrival and be the main point of contact for the talent leading up to and during these events. Make sure the actors do what is required of them while ensuring their comfort level (this is imperative).
• Manage and travel out of town for important network events (Upfront, sporting events, charity events, affiliate events, etc.). Arrange first class travel on a large scale (85 actors for Upfront in May 2016, which included booking and keeping track of over 400 car reservations for talent whose cars MUST be there on time), create detailed itineraries for talent, travel with the talent, make sure they attend the events as requested and that they do what is required while maintaining their comfort level (this is imperative). Be on call 24/7 during these trips.
• Gifting: Maintain list and calendar of all talent and executive producer birthdays. Select, purchase, wrap, and distribute gifts for various occasions (usually around 900 gifts per calendar year). Manage and maintain the department's gift budget.
• Spend quality time with actors on the network to establish and maintain strong relationships. Develop and maintain strong relationships with publicists, managers, and agents of the actors on the network. This includes the 225 actors and EP's on our network, and all their reps, on all our shows.
• Charity requests: Oversee all incoming charity requests. Determine what type of tickets or merchandise will be sent to the organization for their auction. Handle all Make A Wish requests for FOX shows, including organizing MAW to attend an event and arranging special meet-in-greets with the MAW child and talent (very delicate situations and is such an important part of what we do).
• Handle and fulfill requests for talent from all divisions of Fox who require FBC talent for events, PSA's, promos, etc (Dave Devoe's Albany Telethon, Lachlan Murdoch Ghetto Film School, etc). Handle requests from Talent for all divisions of Fox for So You Think You Can Dance, Teen Choice Awards, etc.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• 5 years talent relations experience.
• Must have strong communication skills.
• Basic mathematics; Must have good reasoning skills/common sense.
• Proficient with Excel, Word, Outlook, Internet.
• Strong knowledge of gifting/trends. Self-motivated, organized.
• Must know talent reps including publicists, managers and agents.
• Must be able to multi-task and manage many projects at one time.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
The FOX Network, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, the FOX Network has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.