Director, Animation Development
Fox NetworkLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
We are looking for a Director of Animation Development to join our Fox Entertainment banner and oversee new animation development and the management of our current series. This typically includes over approximately 20 projects a year in development and 3-5 series currently picked up for air. The amount of work that goes into this process is tremendous, so we're looking for someone who is passionate about developing relationships within the industry and is committed to finding the best talent. You will have the opportunity to listen to pitches, read spec scripts, sit in standing meetings, and build relationships with writers, executives, animation studios, and talent representatives to ensure that insures the best projects in town are delivered to FOX.
A SNAPSHOT OF RESPONSIBILITIES
• Management of current series and all things development. As voice for the network on all creative issues, the Director connects all the departments and multi-faceted responsibilities.
• Proactive work on FOX's behalf ensuring we have the best writer, agent, executive relationships in town so we can have a first crack at the best projects in town; dedicate a lot of time in comedy clubs and theaters making sure we know the best standups and performers available and that they want to work with us.
• Take and evaluate pitches and scripts for potential development.
• Build the seasonal development slate.
• Analyze and generate creative notes for projects in active development as well as Current series.
• Create writer and director lists; read and evaluate script submissions.
• Keep information flow current and efficient within the department.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Bachelors' degree preferred with two+ years of experience at agency, studio or network at Manager level or above.
• Strong knowledge of television writers, producers, casting directors and talent.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact with executives, producers, and others in the development community.
• Ability to lead, develop, manage and inspire team throughout the Development and Current process.
• Proficiency using Word, Excel, outlook, Web Savvy, PowerPoint.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
The FOX Network, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, the FOX Network has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.