Assistant, Broadcast Standards and Practices
Fox NetworkLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Our Standards & Practices (S&P) department is seeking an Assistant to join its team and provide comprehensive support to the team, including the procurement, tracking and distribution of materials, data entry, monitoring of calendars and schedules, answering phones, dissemination of reports and maintenance of records and files and keeping abreast of current events that might impact programming. This position coordinates between S&P, internal Fox departments and external entities to facilitate review/approval of advertising and promos. The role also serves as back-up to the Executive Assistant, covering the EVPs' desk, etc. when needed.
A SNAPSHOT OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Commercial and Promo Clearance
• Update PACE and STBS with commercial status – generated from emails, MediaVu notifications, etc., including secondary product identifications.
• Generate and distribute log reports at designated intervals throughout the day to notify department about status of commercials scheduled
• Procurement of outstanding commercials for review via various delivery mechanisms (Extreme Reach, Comcast, Yangaroo, Javelin, Cable Share Drive)
• Correspond with Scheduling, Sales Department, Commercial Administration, and advertisers regarding approval status or general S&P contact questions
• Update PACE and STBS with promo status – generated from emails, ONYX notifications, etc.
• Generate log reports at designated intervals throughout the day to ensure all promos (On-Air, VOD, Cross-Channel, etc.) are cleared for air.
• Correspond throughout the day with Marketing and Scheduling teams to advise of missing promo approvals and/or promos not cleared for air.
General Department Support
• Compile distribution lists for new series and development projects and update lists for continuing series.
• Monitor Doczilla and other electronic distribution methods to ensure receipt of all scripts and revisions by the department.
• Log and distribute scripts and video materials for the department.
• Interface with the current, development, and sales departments as well as producers to ensure receipt of materials, distribution of reports, schedule meetings, etc.
• Maintain, archive and purge department files, electronic and otherwise.
• Maintain Department Calendar (including vacation calendar and out-of-office status).
• Collect V-Chip ratings from the department, maintain and update V-chip ratings database, distribute weekly ratings advisory schedules to Publicity, Sales, On Air, Operations and other entities.
• Update STBS with V-Chip ratings and input V-Chip tracking forms into Livelink database.
• Maintain database of in-show integrations and sponsorships and distribute the weekly end credit schedule.
• Assist with Department Presentations to include creating slides, gathering materials (e.g., video clips, graphics and research information), trouble shooting, and interfacing with the IT department for equipment, resources and support.
• Attend department meetings, expanded Standards & Practices meetings, company-wide and industry meetings and seminars.
• Conduct research as needed to include research into past programming, competitive programming, FCC and FTC regulations and actions, etc.
Assist Vice Presidents and above (and back up assistant to Department Head)
• Maintain executive calendars.
• Answer phones and maintain accurate records of calls.
• Assist with Travel and Expenses.
• Coordinate with internal and external departments to schedule internal and external meetings, table reads, drive-ons, parking and other production or corporate matters.
• Ancillary administrative needs including printing scripts, copying, filing, etc.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• High school diploma or equivalent; Bachelor's degree preferred.
• Prior administrative experience is necessary; experience in television is a plus.
• Spanish fluency required. Requires good oral and written skills.
• Microsoft Office applications; Word, Excel, Outlook.
• Ability to prioritize; multitask with close attention to detail.
• Ability to meet deadlines. Must work well under pressure.
• Superior organizational skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively within and outside the department.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
The FOX Network, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, the FOX Network has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.