Associate Director, Newsroom Technology
Fox CorporationNew York, NY
Full Time Job
We are looking an Associate Director, Newsroom Technology to join our team and be responsible for all newsroom technology and demonstrate a broad knowledge of television news and production. You should have the curiosity and a willingness to learn and even help develop the future of news production. You must possess the ability to design, implement, integrate and support major-market newsrooms with Avid iNews at the center, but with full control of multiple systems including, but not limited to, Avid Interplay, BitCentral Precis and Oasis, Chyron CAMIO, Sony ELC, Ross Overdrive, AutoCue and AutoScript.
The position is a combination of technical and editorial functions, understanding and developing newsroom workflow with the most efficient use of people and yet with an eye to broadcast quality and flexibility. This requires the ability to analyze just how broadcast and digital systems impact workflow and the ability to tailor systems to assist journalists, video editors, news managers and digital producers. The position's responsibilities require independent analyses, effective communication and problem solving skills. Work is performed with little supervision, requires initiative and good judgment, and we're looking for someone who has excellent verbal and written communications skills with the ability to train and present to an audience.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Work with station personnel and third-party vendors to enable iNews to ''talk'' to all video, graphics, and studio automation systems, as well as Teleprompters and wire services
• Rapidly and accurately diagnose issues with multiple systems and offer best practice solutions in a timely, often time-critical, manner
• Collaborate with Vendors, Newsroom, IT and Engineering community as appropriate to determine and resolve problems and/or meeting project objectives
• Train system end users and administrators on all Newsroom applications and hardware
• Recommend and perform upgrades on systems to ensure reliability, performance and longevity
• Assist with the procurement of hardware and software
• Maintain records, audits trails, and documentation to support policies and procedures and contribute to the general operating efficiency of the job
• Develop procedures and/or processes to manage workload
• Able to work a flexible schedule as required by the stations business needs including extended hours, weekends and holidays
• Light travel may be required
• Other duties as deemed necessary and assigned
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
In depth technical familiarity on the deployment, support and effective use of standard technologies including, but not limited to:
• Newsroom systems and Applications: Avid Interplay, BitCentral Precis and Oasis, Chyron CAMIO, Sony ELC, Ross Overdrive, AutoCue and AutoScript.
• Red Hat Linux Enterprise, Linux Shell as well as MOS, HTML and XML
• Virtualization (VMWare 6.5), SAN Storage (HPE and Netapp) is desirable
• Exposure to Cloud based solutions is desirable
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world's leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.