FOX BusinessLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
FOX Business is looking for an experienced Field Producer to join our LA Bureau in Los Angeles, CA. As a Field Producer, you will be a business news junkie with dogged newsgathering skills and strong contacts that you will use to enhance the network's newsgathering and produce exceptional journalism. You will also use your editorial skills to follow leads, break news, and pitch original stories. You are a pro-active, passionate, and self-motivated individual who will be able to collaborate with our producers and reporters to advance the network's coverage on all platforms.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Produce reporter live shots and packages in the LA bureau and in the field
• Travel domestically and internationally to cover breaking news, often at the last minute for extended periods of time
• Pitch and develop original story ideas
• Assist reporters in gathering elements for television and online coverage
• Write articles to be published on FOXBusiness.com
• Handle all newsgathering logistics: book travel, book field crews
• Responsible for coordinating all aspects of production: book and conduct interviews, write scripts, order graphics, and produce live shots
• The candidate needs to demonstrate, through past experience, strong communication skills to work with correspondents and photographers in the field
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• 3 years experience as a reporter, writer, producer, and/or editor at a news organization.
• Extensive field production experience
• Strong communication, research, and writing skills
• Strong local contacts
• A passion for business and current events.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and prioritize on a daily basis; especially in a breaking news situation
• Production experience in breaking news and feature reporting
• Willingness to travel and work long hours, including weekends with short notice
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYFox Business Network
FOX Business Network (FBN) is a financial news channel delivering real-time information across all platforms that impact both Main Street and Wall Street. Headquartered in New York - the business capital of the world - FBN launched in October 2007 and currently ranks among the top business channels on television. The network is available in nearly 80 million homes in all markets across the United States. Owned by FOX Corporation, FBN is a unit of FOX News Media and has bureaus in Chicago, Los Angeles, and Washington, D.C.