Writer / Editor, Personal Finance
Fox Business NetworkNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Fox Business is looking for a Writer/Editor to join our digital team focusing on feature editorial content. As the Writer/Editor, Personal Finance you pitch, write, edit and produce content with a focus on Personal Finance, Small Business, Industry, Retirement, Lifestyle and more. You also cover daily business News to include production of stories about the latest trends in the industry, making easily digestible content that appeals to our viewers & readers. As a leader on our Features team, you're confident under deadline pressure and are able to handle breaking news, and use a variety of story-telling tools that drive traffic to our site.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Gather content to write, produce, edit stories for publication on FoxBusiness.com's sections such as Personal Finance, Small Business, Industry, Retirement, Lifestyle and more
• Have a strong core knowledge of what it takes to live the American dream, and how to target our audience by coming up with creative pitches that will generate traffic to the website
• Write on subjects including, but not limited to: 401K, Housing Market, Travel, Education, and Leadership/Success
• Interview Newsmakers and collaborate with our team to publish creative feature content our viewers won't see on any other site
• Identify viral material and opportunities for feature storytelling content
• Monitor Fox Business Network programming for compelling newsmakers/segments
• Maintain and closely monitor web traffic on FoxBusiness.com
• Multitask on tight deadlines in high pressure environment
• Prioritize assignments and meeting deadlines
• Other duties as assigned
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Bachelor of Arts/Science or equivalent degree
• At least 3-5 years online business News experience at a major website or national News network
• Strong communication and writing skills especially for crisp, short stories and headlines
• Strong SEO and social media skills
• Must be self-starter with a strong news judgement and be a team player willing to jump in when needed in breaking news situations
• Ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced 24-hour news environment, some holidays required.
• Ability/flexibility to work mornings as required.
• Proven capability to be creative and think 'outside the box'
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox Business Network
FOX Business Network (FBN) is a financial news channel delivering real-time information across all platforms that impact both Main Street and Wall Street. Headquartered in New York-the business capital of the world-FBN launched in October 2007 and is the leading business network on television, topping CNBC in Business Day viewers for the second consecutive year. The network is available in more than 80 million homes in all markets across the United States. Owned by FOX, FBN has bureaus in Chicago, Los Angeles, Washington, D.C. and London.