Fox Business NetworkNew York, NY
Full Time Job
We are looking for an experienced Senior Editor to join FoxBusiness.com. As a part of this growing digital team, you shape the editorial agenda for one of the most powerful websites in business News. Our reporting and coverage will go beyond ordinary headlines to give readers and viewers the power to prosper. We're looking for an original thinker who can explain why what's happening on Wall Street matters to people on Main Street. Ideally, your passion for business News goes beyond markets and expands into tech, politics, big companies, small businesses, health care, media, entertainment, and personal finance.
As the Senior Editor, you oversee a team of reporters and ensure that the digital News desk is producing the most compelling, fresh, accurate content of the day. You pitch stories, make assignments, edit articles and occasionally write. You are responsible for long-term planning as well as rapid response to daily breaking News. Impeccable editorial judgment is a must.
You are a thought leader. We are looking for a Senior Editor to come to the table with ideas and analysis, ready to experiment with engaging storytelling formats. As the Senior Editor, you collaborate with digital reporters as well as FBN producers to create meaningful, provoking work that puts our audience at the center of what we do.
You may be offered one of the following shifts: MONDAYS THRU FRIDAYS (1:00 PM-9:00 PM), MONDAYS THRU FRIDAYS (6:00 AM-2:00 PM), TUESDAYS THRU SATURDAYS (1:00 PM-9:00 PM), TUESDAYS THROUGH SATURDAYS (6:00AM – 2:00PM), FRIDAYS THRU TUESDAYS (6:00 AM-2:00 PM), SUNDAYS THRU THURSDAYS (6:00AM – 2:00PM), SUNDAYS THRU THURSDAYS (1:00PM-9:00PM)
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES?
• Collaborate with Fox Business Network programming for compelling newsmakers/segments
• Assign and edit stories with speed and precision, conforming to AP style
• Ensure that breaking news alerts are sent out quickly and developing stories are updated continuously and accurately
• Monitor wires, social media, and internal emails for breaking news and updates to developing stories
• Maintain and closely monitor web traffic on FoxBusiness.com
• Multitask on tight deadlines in a high-pressure environment
• Prioritize assignments and meet deadlines
• Other duties as assigned
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• 5 years of Newsroom experience, preferably in a digital breaking news environment
• Experience with metrics platforms like Chartbeat and Omniture
• Bachelor of Arts/Science or equivalent degree
• Ability to write and edit quickly on deadline
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• A positive and collaborative attitude
• Excellent knowledge of SEO and prior CMS experience
• A self-starter attitude with a strong news judgment
• A team player attitude paired with the will to jump in when needed in breaking news situations
• Ability to work in both breaking news and long-term planning deadlines a must, some holidays required
• Proven capability to be creative and think 'outside the box'
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox Business Network
FOX Business Network (FBN) is a financial news channel delivering real-time information across all platforms that impact both Main Street and Wall Street. Headquartered in New York-the business capital of the world-FBN launched in October 2007 and is the leading business network on television, topping CNBC in Business Day viewers for the second consecutive year. The network is available in more than 80 million homes in all markets across the United States. Owned by FOX, FBN has bureaus in Chicago, Los Angeles, Washington, D.C. and London.