Producer, FBN: AM
Fox Business NetworkNew York, NY
Full Time Job
We are looking for a highly motivated, proactive and creative Producer to join FBN: AM, the signature kick-off morning show on the top rated to join the top business network in America. As the Producer, you will produce the biggest stories of the day, handle breaking news in the control room, and serve as the show's backup line producer. As the Producer, we will rely on you to be a team player that can work independently, exercise sound judgment, and take initiative under tight deadlines. You are familiar with working in a fast-paced environment that is constantly changing. You are someone who is highly organized and has great time-management skills.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Write and produce the most complex stories of the day.
• Substitute for Line Producer as needed
• Provide solid news judgement, especially during breaking news, and give clear direction to control room staff, talent, and colleagues
• Assist in overseeing and rewriting copy, graphics and the cutting of vo/sots, packages
• Pitch day of stories and future segments
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Degree in Journalism or related field
• At least 3-5 years of newsroom experience
• Exceptional script writing & editorial skills, and superior grammar
• Knowledge and passion for current events, particularly financial & political news
• Working knowledge of iNews, VIZ, and desktop editing preferred
• Ability to work an overnight schedule
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox Business Network
FOX Business Network (FBN) is a financial news channel delivering real-time information across all platforms that impact both Main Street and Wall Street. Headquartered in New York-the business capital of the world-FBN launched in October 2007 and is the leading business network on television, topping CNBC in Business Day viewers for the second consecutive year. The network is available in more than 80 million homes in all markets across the United States. Owned by FOX, FBN has bureaus in Chicago, Los Angeles, Washington, D.C. and London.