Digital Production Assistant, Foxbusiness.Com
Fox Business NetworkNew York, NY
Full Time Job
We are looking for a motivated Digital Production Assistant to be a part of a groundbreaking online news-team for FoxBusiness.com. As a Freelance Digital Production Assistant, you can handle a fast-paced environment and are creative, flexible and have a ''can-do'' attitude. You are willing to learn, enjoy collaborating with a team and are eager to advance within the company.
You may be offered one of the following shifts: SUNDAYS THRU THURSDAYS (2:00 PM-10:00 PM) and/or SUNDAYS (10:00 AM - 7:00 PM)
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Pitch and write stories to be published on FoxBusiness.com
• Work closely with the graphics production team in finding and creating custom elements for FoxBusiness.com stories.
• Cut video from Fox Business Network shows for use in articles on FoxBusiness.com
• Monitor Fox Business Network programming for compelling newsmakers/segments that can be featured on FoxBusiness.com
• Create slideshows and listicles with opportunities in feature storytelling content
• Multitask on tight deadlines in high pressure environment
• Prioritize assignments and meeting deadlines
• Other duties as assigned
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• A Bachelors or equivalent degree is preferred
• Minimum 1-2 years online news experience either writing or producing
• Knowledge of CMS and Photoshop is a plus
• Strong leadership, communication and organizational skills
• Experienced with multi-tasking several projects
• Excellent editorial judgment and knowledge of current events
• Ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced 24-hour news environment, some holidays or shift changes required.
• Be a team player willing to jump in when needed in breaking news situations
• Proven capability to be creative and think 'outside the box'
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox Business Network
FOX Business Network (FBN) is a financial news channel delivering real-time information across all platforms that impact both Main Street and Wall Street. Headquartered in New York-the business capital of the world-FBN launched in October 2007 and is the leading business network on television, topping CNBC in Business Day viewers for the second consecutive year. The network is available in more than 80 million homes in all markets across the United States. Owned by FOX, FBN has bureaus in Chicago, Los Angeles, Washington, D.C. and London.