Booker / Researcher, Fbn A.M.
Fox Business NetworkNew York, NY
Full Time Job
FBN:AM is Fox Business' s signature daybreak morning show. FBN:AM kicks off the business day recapping overnight headlines, breaking news and international and futures markets with hosts Lauren Simonetti and Cheryl Casone.
You will be assigned the following shift: MONDAYS THRU FRIDAYS (1:00 AM-9:00 AM EST) ?
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Respond quickly to breaking news during and after regular hours
• Plan for anticipated future news events
• Suggest segments for social media
• Cut video and sound, and make graphics as needed
• Write scripts for a one-hour show
• Identify and pitch news stories for show content
• Produce segments, readers, graphics and reporter hits
• Work with and write for the Mornings With Maria team after FBN A.M. is over at 6:00AM
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• A Bachelor's degree is preferred
• 2- 3 years of television news experience
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to think fast and react to breaking news
• Creative thinking and a passion for news and current events
• Availability via email or phone during off-hours or weekends, as needed for breaking news or other changes to the show lineup
• Excellent writing, production and communication skills
• Ability to write in a vibrant conversational style that makes the news relevant, clear and catchy
• Team-player attitude with the ability to meet quick deadlines and react to rapid news developments
• Ability to identify news, select video and sound bites and oversee editing
• Solid news judgment and a grasp of business news, politics and current events
• Sports knowledge is a plus
• Ability to work an overnight schedule
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox Business Network
FOX Business Network (FBN) is a financial news channel delivering real-time information across all platforms that impact both Main Street and Wall Street. Headquartered in New York-the business capital of the world-FBN launched in October 2007 and is the leading business network on television, topping CNBC in Business Day viewers for the second consecutive year. The network is available in more than 80 million homes in all markets across the United States. Owned by FOX, FBN has bureaus in Chicago, Los Angeles, Washington, D.C. and London.