Fox Business NetworkNew York, NY
We are looking for a Freelance Assignment Editor to join the team! As the Freelance Assignment Editor, you coordinate the daily News coverage for Fox Business Network. You also prioritize incoming editorial & logistical information, ensuring that it is clearly communicated to all parties.
You may be offered the following shift: MONDAYS THRU FRIDAYS (1:00 pm-9:00 pm)
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Oversee News coverage needs of Fox Business Network
• Communicate clearly with reporters and producers regarding coverage of events
• Respond to requests from reporters, producers and shows for interviews, live hits and event coverage
• Respond to requests form FNC programs for FBN reporter hits.
• Seek out the best and most creative ways to cover news stories
• Prepare daily agenda
• Track Twitter and other social media sites to ensure we are being competitive
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Bachelor's degree and at least 5 years of broadcast experience (preferably in a Business news environment).
• Good editorial judgment as well as strong logistical skills
• Familiarity with satellite trucks, and LiveU technology
• Knowledge of national politics as it relates to business
• The ability to work well in a fast paced and intense atmosphere
• Flexibility to work various shifts/days when needed
• Motivated, self-starter who is able to work independently as well as in a team environment
• Familiarity with iNews, Outlook and ScheduAll a plus
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox Business Network
FOX Business Network (FBN) is a financial news channel delivering real-time information across all platforms that impact both Main Street and Wall Street. Headquartered in New York-the business capital of the world-FBN launched in October 2007 and is the leading business network on television, topping CNBC in Business Day viewers for the second consecutive year. The network is available in more than 80 million homes in all markets across the United States. Owned by FOX, FBN has bureaus in Chicago, Los Angeles, Washington, D.C. and London.