Receptionist /News Administration
Fox 31 DenverDenver, CO
Full Time Job
FT Receptionist /News Administration (NE)
KDVR/KWGN in Denver is looking for a FT Receptionist/Administrative assistant. The position covers the reception desk for the morning shift, then is administrative for the remainder of the shift. As a receptionist you will be the first point of contact for the company. You will handle the flow of people through the business and ensure that all receptionist responsibilities are completed accurately and delivered with high quality and in a timely manner. You are also the point person for security during the day and are responsible for watching camera feeds and keeping an eye on the building. The administrative portion of the position is multifaceted, but the key responsibility is to facilitate news staff members to operate effectively and efficiently. The primary duties include organizing and coordinating office procedures and operations.
• Cover the lobby desk during regular station hours
• Answer, screen and forward all incoming phone calls while providing basic information when needed
• Be the front line of security by screening visitors and maintaining a secure, locked lobby
• Provide general office support including copying, maintaining phone lists, etc.
• Maintain a log of visitors and phone calls
• Quickly and effectively work computer, phone system, and security system
• Effectively handle security issues and concerns
• Assist in managing employee and managerial expenses
• Provide administrative support to News Director plus four additional managers; schedule meetings, filing and maintain calendars.
• Arrange logistic and travel information for department.
• Monitor and maintain office supplies.
• Support employee activities.
• Other duties as assigned
• 2 years customer service experience required
• Experience with multiple line phone system required
• Competent computer skills required
• Outlook and Microsoft Office experience required
• Ability to multitask and maintain order in a busy environment
• Must be able to see things clearly at a distance of 55 feet, with or without corrective lenses
• Must be able to sit at a computer screen for up to 8 hours a day
• Must be able to lift at least 35 pounds
• Position is seated work with computers, phones and frequent co-worker and public interactions. Part time position 20-30 hours per week on average.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Tribune Media Company (NYSE: TRCO) is home to a diverse portfolio of television and digital properties driven by quality news, entertainment, and sports programming. Tribune Media is comprised of Tribune Broadcasting's 42 owned or operated local television stations reaching more than 50 million households, national entertainment network WGN America, whose reach is approaching 80 million households, Tribune Studios, and a variety of digital applications and websites commanding 60 million monthly unique visitors online. Tribune Media also includes Chicago's WGN-AM and the national multicast networks Antenna TV and THIS TV. Additionally, the Company owns and manages a significant number of real estate properties across the U.S. and holds a variety of investments, including a 31% equity interest in TV Food Network and a 32% equity interest in CareerBuilder.