Fox 31 DenverDenver, CO
This was removed by the employer on 2/21/2020 3:23:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Direct to Web Category
Browse the TV Station Category
Search for Producer jobs in Denver-CO
Search all Producer postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Producer? Are you a now producer, with a hungry rundown, full of urgent and impactful news?
Do you excel at winning breaking news and weather coverage on-air and online?
Are you interested in working in one of the best cities in America – with the Rocky Mountains in your backyard, and all the hiking, skiing, snowboarding, and excitement you can handle?
If so – FOX31 in Denver has a rare opportunity for you. We’re looking for a dynamic producer to join the FOX31 morning news team. The successful candidate should consistently produce a show that stands out as best in their market. You should know how to “produce up” a story. You should live and breathe social media and thrive at integrating it into your shows.
Be creative and create compelling and memorable newscasts
• Write creative headlines and teases
• Maintain working knowledge of current events, community issues, and local contacts
• Search wire services, network feeds, websites and social media to find relevant material for newscasts
• Collaborate with news operations staff to build graphics
• Work with directors and anchors on presentation of stories
• Clear, concise, conversational writing skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Demonstrate solid news judgment
• Maintain strong journalistic ethics
• Strong initiative and attention to detail
• Research and brainstorm story ideas, present ideas in editorial meetings • Generate promotable story ideas daily
• Post and update stories to station website and social media sites, engage viewers
• Communicate with the web staff during breaking news
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned
• Write news stories
• Assist producers in formatting other newscasts
We’re seeking someone with 4 years of news producing experience. A Bachelor’s degree is required.
• Knowledge of newsroom software
• Knowledge of web posting software
• Strong research skills, including online research using various search engines
• Ability to stay current with national and local news/weather
• Knowledge of engaging on social media
• Ability to meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure
• Ability to work independently with little supervision
• Demonstrate leadership through training and mentoring less experienced staff members; guide others to get the desired outcome
• Ability to remain positive and foster a positive work environment; work well with co-workers
• Edit video and audio on industry standard equipment
• Build graphics and use effectively in shows
#TBMB This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.