Fox 31 DenverDenver, CO
Full Time Job
Are you a show doctor who oversees a morning newscast filled with urgent, impactful news?
Do you LOVE to win the day, every day, on all platforms?
Are you looking for a rare opportunity to take your creativity to the next level in a city as exciting and beautiful as Denver, Colorado?
KDVR/KWGN, the Fox and CW affiliate in Denver, Colorado, is looking for a creative and aggressive Executive Content Producer to lead us on the morning shift -- delivering news on multiple platforms including five and a half hours of morning news.
The Executive Producer must be a proven newsroom leader who embodies an audience-first approach to delivering news. This individual will excel under tight deadlines and bring bold, creative ideas to our newsroom.
• Overall responsibility for 5.5 hours of morning newscasts, including oversight on story selection, content, and production. Assist other managers in coordinating coverage for other weekday newscasts.
• Work with a strong team to create innovative news content across all platforms in an audience-first environment; be able to think differently and critically
• Lead a team that produces an urgent newscast in a fast-paced work environment
• Coach and train a strong team of producers; create a positive work culture
• Collaborate with Editors, Producers and the Assignment Desk to select stories for coverage
• Strong news judgement and working knowledge of current events and community issues impacting viewers here in Colorado and around the world
• Step in to write and produce as needed
• Provide regular feedback on newscast with staff, both as a team and individually
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Rotate as weekend on-call manager
• Coordinate schedules with News Director and other news department managers
• Bachelor’s degree preferred; equivalent experience required
• 5 years of news producing experience
• 2 years of supervisory experience required
• Demonstrated ability to track and select trending news stories
• Working knowledge of how to engage viewers on Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to work in a rapid, fast-paced environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays
Due to the volume of applications received we will not be able to verify receipt of your resume or applications. A KDVR/KWGN representative will contact you for a phone or in-person interview, should your application be selected.