FotoKem Industries, IncBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
FotoKem Industries Inc. is seeking a staff Dailies Operator to support file-based dailies work under our Creative Services division. This position is ideally suited for a highly motivated individual with experience with various non-linear platforms and hands on production experience. Digital camera knowledge is critical as this individual will be dealing with the latest in file-based technologies. We are looking for a proficient technician that possesses these qualities and the ability to collaborate with our growing client base.
- Operate Fotokem's nextLAB software and hardware solutions to process dailies and support vfx and conform orders.
- Create and QC deliverables from both file-based acquisition devices and film origination scans.
- AVID and other non-linear platform work including captures, outputs, file conversions, list management.
- Quality assurance in conjunction with our software development team.
- Archive and restore camera original assets to standard LTO data tapes, hard drives, and network storage.
- Work with Operations and Producers to ensure quality of work and timely responses to internal/external requests.
- Manage data infrastructure and troubleshoot as needed.
- Interact with Production and Post staff for a given project.
- Exceed client expectations and needs.
FotoKem Industries Inc. is in an exciting and challenging industry. Our company culture, work environment and years of successful growth demonstrate that we breed innovation and creativity. You'll be working closely with a strong team of producers, colorists, and technicians to facilitate the vision and goals of our clients.
- The ideal candidate must have a minimum of 3-5 years industry experience, excellent communication skills, and be detail oriented.
- Experience with Dailies platforms including but not limited to Davinci Resolve, Colorfront OSD/EXD, MTI Cortex
- Experience with editing platforms including but not limited to Media Composer, Final Cut X, Premiere
- Post Production knowledge is required, including an understanding of acquisition formats, codecs and frame rates.
- Must be punctual, reliable and able to work independently without constant supervision. Emphasis on following procedures diligently and follow-through on assigned tasks.
- Able to work independently with little to no supervision, and capable of communicating technical issues with senior staff and supervisors.
- Knowledge of Mac/Windows operating systems.
- Critical that candidates have a clear understanding of the inner workings of digital cinema cameras and systems such as RED, ARRI, SONY, RAID Storage, Timecode, and Post workflows for feature/episodic projects. Working knowledge of FILM origination scan workflows is a plus.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online