EA / Personal Assistant / Trainee Producer
Footloose ProductionsMelbourne, VI
Full Time Job
Salary: AU$75,000 per year plus car allowance, plus one-time relocation fee (with salary review after 12 months)
Responsible to: Producer/Director
Position Status: Full Time, (2-year commitment)
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Background and General Aim of the Position
High-profile Production Company in Australia produced on films like Hacksaw Ridge, Blacklight and Better Man. The company is committed to creating story-driven and thought-provoking commercial international feature films with mainstream and international appeal.
The role will be to primarily support the day-to-day running of the Australian business. This position will require the individual to move to Melbourne Australia to work on movies the company is producing. The role requires helping to set up and maintain many of the administration and filing systems required in the development and producing of film projects. The candidate will report directly daily to the company director in an EA and Personal Assistant capacity, as this position is customarily and professionally performed in the Motion Picture Industry. As the role develops there is the potential for the person to train and develop as a co-producer on the company's various film and TV projects.
- Manage the day-to-day running of the office, office utilities, office supplies, general housekeeping, IT, cleaning, and catering requirements for the office.
- Manage the general IT requirements including but not limited to email maintenance, website updates, Dropbox online-filing system, general office calendar, as well as online and hard copy filing systems.
- Manage company director's calendar and all incoming emails by prioritizing and creating daily work agendas and personal meetings.
- As requested, assist in a personal assistant capacity, as that term is commonly understood in the Motion Picture Industry, including but not limited to fielding calls, doing call sheets, certain email responses, maintaining WIP documents, personal assisting requirements, receipts, and general filing systems.
- Arrange all work and personal travel and accommodation including car rental.
- Schedule, agenda, minutes and distribute meeting minutes, including board and Management Meetings.
- Adhere to the development processes, and make sure any Australian or international script submissions are logged correctly, covered and any potential projects are forwarded to the team in a timely manner.
- As requested, manage any casual assistants or consultants that are working for the company.
Key Selection Criteria
- Degree or Masters in film production (or equal to)
- Ideally, 2+ years experience working in both the US Agency and Production Company environments
- Basic relationships in the US agency and production company system
- Experience reading and covering screenplays
- Experience in personal assisting for management level person
- Understanding of photoshop, QuickTime pro, and additional mac-based programs
- Understanding of scheduling and basic accounting programs
- Enjoys organizational systems and has a strong eye for detail
- Self-starter with a genuine passion for film production
AU$75,000 per year plus car allowance, plus one-time relocation fee (with salary review after 12 months)
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online