Director, Film Acquisitions
Full Time Job
Director, Film Acquisitions
FilmRise, an industry leading streaming company based in Brooklyn, is looking to hire a Director of Independent Film who will work with team members inside and outside the department, such as with the Sales and Marketing teams, to identify feature films and documentaries for acquisition. This individual will scout, track, and negotiate acquisition deals for titles in-production, in-post production, or fully completed, being sold at film festivals and at content markets. The ideal candidate will have 5 years of relevant experience in a similar role. The person in this role will report to the SVP of Acquisitions & Co-Productions and regularly interface with various departments in the company.
The ideal candidate will have experience acquiring award-decorated films (or likely to be decorated) and/or films in commercial genres, with a personal rolodex of sales agents, and a strong sense of genres, topics, and cast ''of the moment.'' The candidate should also have an above-average understanding of streaming platforms and their business models.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
· Strategize and develop multi-year independent film acquisition strategy with SVP that supports FilmRise branding, commercial objectives, and supports other FilmRise content strategies.
· Attend film festivals and content markets, whether virtually or in-person, to screen and track prospective acquisitions.
· Negotiate acquisition terms for titles, shepherd advancement of the agreement through contract, and ensure all delivery elements are in-house.
· Collaborate with sales and marketing departments on release strategies.
· Represent the value proposition for each prospective title internally and present evidence to support one's position.
· Create and conduct post-mortem analyses on titles after initial release period to share with SVP and other departments.
· Develop and maintain a comprehensive understanding of types of performing titles, genres, and cast in distribution throughout the FilmRise ecosystem to better inform film acquisition activities.
· Exceptional enthusiasm for independent film and strong grasp of commercial genres and elements.
· Demonstrated understanding of the 2021 film and television ecosystem, including relationships with sales agents, filmmakers, and producers.
· Comfort traveling 3-4 times per year.
· Team player and enthusiastic managerial skills for junior team members.
· Effective and efficient communicator.
· Strong creative vision for film release strategy.
· Strong project management and organizational skills with ability to lead, supervise and execute on strategies.
· Minimum five years' experience in a content acquisitions or sales role.
· Proven history of acquiring or selling independent films, with examples.
· Bachelors Degree
· Resume / CV.
FilmRise is an equal opportunity employer
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online