Coordinator, Business & Legal Affairs
FilmNation EntertainmentNew York, NY
Full Time Job
FilmNation Entertainment is looking for an attorney to join the Business & Legal Affairs team in our New York office.
This role will dual report to the Director of Business & Legal Affairs on legal responsibilities and to the Manager of Worldwide Delivery on delivery responsibilities and will touch on many aspects of FilmNation's activities as a producer, financier and international distributor of high-quality feature films, television series and podcasts.
Principal responsibilities will include coordinating the process of reviewing and accepting legal documentation from third party producers; distributing legal documents internally and to our clients around the world; and providing legal services in connection with the pre-production, production and post-production of FilmNation's productions. The position will also require the execution of various tasks such as preparing copyright registrations and filings; coordinating SAG, DGA and WGA guild affiliations for FilmNation's productions; managing FilmNation's contracts database; forming corporate entities and drafting and filing corporate documents; drafting, reviewing and negotiating agreements such as consulting and non-disclosure agreements; and reviewing other vendor-related agreements.
A sample of other responsibilities includes:
• Review various film agreements including cast agreements, crew agreements, location agreements, clearances and music licenses to confirm they comply with FilmNation's delivery requirements.
• Draft various legal delivery documents including chain of title affidavits, product placement declarations, Adam Walsh compliance letters, etc.
• Review marketing materials such as posters and trailers against credit summaries to ensure compliance with legal and contractual requirements.
• Draft and negotiate music licenses.
• Draft day and weekly riders for actors.
• Draft and negotiate key crew agreements, location agreements and clearances.
• Create credit and third-party obligation summaries, including on screen credit summaries and billing blocks, and track all credit obligations generally.
• Coordinate with insurance brokers to provide insurance documentation for sales, finance and production titles.
What we are looking for:
JD required, and NY or CA Bar license or license pending
At least 1 year of experience in an entertainment law setting (internships are fine).
Detail-oriented, analytical, and results-driven.
An ability to perform well under pressure, excellent project management, and organization skills.
A strong work ethic
Above all, a passion for film & all things FilmNation.
FilmNation provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
FilmNation expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Improper interference with the ability of FilmNation's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Please include your salary requirements.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online