Coordinator, Business & Legal Affairs
Filmnation EntertainmentNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Business & Legal Affairs | New York, NY, United States
FilmNation Entertainment is looking for a lawyer to join the Business and Legal Affairs team in our New York office. The role will report to the VP, Business & Legal Affairs. The position will focus primarily on the activities of FilmNation as an international distributor of motion pictures, but will also provide the opportunity to work with all of FilmNation's departments including sales, marketing/publicity, finance and delivery.
What you'll do:
• Negotiate and draft distribution agreements between FilmNation or its clients and international distributors around the world
• Negotiate and draft sales agency agreements between FilmNation and producers
• Negotiate and draft notices of assignment between institutional lenders, producers, FilmNation and distributors
• Track the status of agreements and payments from producers and distributors to ensure deadlines are met
• Develop and maintain relationships with film distributors around the world
• Research local trends in international distribution
• Oversee the legal delivery process both to FilmNation from producers, and from FilmNation to distributors
• Review chain of title for third party films; prepare copyright filings and prepare affidavits
• Prepare summaries of legal obligations from distribution agreements for each film
• Coordinate all reporting for FilmNation's credit facility, including drafting the requisite certificates and updating various schedules
Who you are:
• JD required
• Minimum of 1-2 years of contract drafting experience
• Detail-oriented, analytical, and results-driven
• An ability to perform well under pressure, and excellent project management skills
• A strong work ethic
• Excellent problem-solving and organizational skills
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously, work effectively in a team environment and meet deadlines
• Experience in the entertainment industry, or with contracts and intellectual property law is a plus
This is a great role for an up-and-coming lawyer to gain experience in all aspects of the international sales and distribution process in addition to dealing with all areas of the business on a daily basis. This fast-paced environment requires a motivated self-starter with the ability to multi-task in a busy work environment, and applicants must be extremely organized and highly detail-oriented.
FilmNation provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race (including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
FilmNation expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race (including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Improper interference with the ability of FilmNation's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online