Film Musicians Secondary Markets FundEncino, CA
Full Time Job
Job Title: System Administrator (SA)
Reporting Relationship: Senior Manager, IT
The System Administrator (SA) is responsible for ensuring that all operating systems, software systems, cloud environments, IT equipment, facilities and related processes/procedures support ongoing FMSMF operations and adhere to organizational standards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide user support through FMSMF Jira support desk system. Investigate, troubleshoot and resolve user issues. If needed, escalate internally to the appropriate IT/Applications Software Development staff or to the product vendor's support for resolution.
• Create, change, delete and synchronize user accounts, mailboxes, distribution lists, and permissions in Microsoft Azure, Active Directory and Office 365 email systems.
• Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Evaluate and add new services, as necessary.
• Verify daily cloud backups, ensuring all required file storage, virtual servers and other Microsoft 365 applications are successfully backed up to our Microsoft 365 tenant backup solution.
• Perform any file recovery requests and make sure tape backups are sent to offsite storage facility.
• Perform system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all network hardware, server resources, software applications and key processes. Review system and application logs to verify completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
• Develop and maintain documentation for the installation, configuration, support and recovery of all active systems and software.
• Participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovations within the infrastructure. Research and recommend innovative/automated approaches to system administration tasks- approaches that leverage our existing resources and provide economies of scale.
• Perform regular security reviews to identify any possible intrusions.
• Maintain and create virtual resources in the Microsoft Azure cloud platform. This includes configuration and maintenance of Azure Cloud Platform Services, network and domain services, settings, directories, cloud storage, and virtual machines in accordance with security standards and project & operational requirements.
• Repair or recover from server or software application failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted groups or departments.
• Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
• Perform ongoing performance tuning, VM image upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure and expand CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
• Maintain server room environmental monitoring equipment.
• Independently manage and work complex projects to completion with only minimal guidance from the IT manager or stakeholders.
• Work with the building and parking staff on issues such as parking, lease requirements and restrictions, notifications, and security access.
• Complete facilities related projects such as; office set up or relocations, and moving/assembling/disassembling office furniture or equipment.
• Bachelor (4-year) degree, with a technical major, such as network/system administration or computer science or equivalent relevant work experience.
• Four years system administration experience with currently supported software and services from Microsoft. (Some specific examples include: Active Directory, DNS, and DHCP)
• Two years' experience managing Exchange on the Office 365 cloud platform. This includes user and mailbox management, email security tracing, edge transport mail rule management and backup and restore of mailboxes.
• Ability to lift equipment up to 50lbs weight.
• Experience managing Azure cloud platforms such as SharePoint file shares, OneDrive for users, Teams Chat & Meeting features.
• Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality.
• The ability to interpret and/or discuss technical information and concepts with others that may not be familiar with technical jargon or concepts.
• Works well in groups or independently.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to build and develop relationships
• Ability to develop and influence innovation
• Ability to problem solve, trouble shoot & work independently
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize workloads
• Ability to effectively communicate across all levels of staff and outside vendors
• Flexibility to sometimes work evenings and weekends with little or no advanced notice should a technical issue arise.
Applicant must be authorized to work in the United States
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online