Sr. Manager, Talent Development, Change Management
Film Musicians Secondary Markets FundEncino, CA
Full Time Job
Employer: Film Musicians Secondary Markets Fund
Location: Encino, CA
Post Date: 3/22/2019
Employment Type: Full-Time
Department: Human Resources
Reports to: Dual Report: Administrative Counsel and Executive Director
Industry: Non Profit/Film & TV Residuals Administration
Annual Salary: $90,000-$95,000 DOE; excellent benefits
SR. MANAGER, TALENT DEVELOPMENT & CHANGE MANAGEMENT
Film Musicians Secondary Markets Fund seeks a Senior Manager, Talent Development & Change Management.
Employer is a 501(c)(6) Non-Profit organization based in Encino, CA governed by entertainment industry-wide agreements negotiated between the American Federation of Musicians union and the Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers. Its mission is to collect, process and distribute residual payments to musicians, annually, resulting from their work in film, television and digital media. The organization averages a staff of 40+ employees and handles approximately $100M in residual distributions each fiscal year.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The role will cover all aspects of the talent development function as well as general change management responsibilities within Human Resources. The Sr. Manager will be a highly confidential individual who will report to the Executive Director and Administrative Counsel and use effective people skills to ensure good relationships and high performance among all employees at all times.
As the Sr. Manager, the individual will manage and coordinate organization-wide efforts to ensure that performance management (PM) programs, skills assessment and training and communications are developed and managed using a data-driven focus that sets priorities for improvements. This position will also support recruitment in sourcing the best talent through on-boarding, retention, promotion and succession planning.
This role is only for candidates with experience in talent management, change management, training, leadership development and succession planning. This position will have a specific initial focus on guiding the organization through a multi-year technology transformation by utilizing change management expertise.
Essential functions will include:
• Design, develop and guide execution of a performance management system, including current job descriptions, standards of performance and performance evaluation tools.
• Support and coach the management team on feedback, goal setting and performance discussions, including business change and transformation.
• Partner with department management to identify skill gaps, training opportunities and develop/deliver talent development solutions.
• Collect, analyze and maintain data gathered to inform targeted leadership development.
• Develop, in partnership with Senior Executive Team, effective programs for career paths, employee retention strategies, promotion and succession planning. Initiate and maintain the programs.
• Conduct presentations and training.
• Manage and oversee related vendor relationships and deliverables as appropriate.
• Change Management Responsibilities will include:
o Develop, in partnership with Senior Executives, a change management strategy and plan: including stakeholder identification and sponsorship management, communications, training and organizational readiness assessment.
o Work with other project team members to gather and analyze detailed information about the process design and the impact on the roles and the individuals and departments affected.
o Understand the significance of the changes within the functional areas to provide information and recommendations regarding expected organization impacts.
o Promote realistic expectations of the organization with regard to new systems and processes, e.g. capabilities, features, etc.
o Support the delivery of end-user training and subsequent follow-up activities, including effectiveness assessment.
o Support implementation of the project communications strategy.
o Generate and maintain advocacy at the executive level and stakeholder buy-in for project implementation.
• 7+ years of broad organization development experience including talent management, performance management and change management.
• Bachelor's degree in human resources or related field.
• Master's degree in organization development, human resources or related field strongly preferred.
• Strong interest in talent management solutions and process improvement.
• Experience designing, developing and supporting organization-wide talent management programs that cover performance management, talent development, coaching, succession planning, and relationship management.
• Proven working experience in human resources and/or organizational development department.
• Experience in change management leading through a technology implementation strongly preferred.
• Excellent leadership skills with demonstrated cross-functional and/or cross-departmental experience.
• Extensive experience building and leading teams inclusive of direct reports, peers and supervisors.
• Solid judgment ensuring integrity, compliance and confidentiality.
• Computer-savvy critical thinker with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability and flexibility to manage multiple project schedules across multiple teams.
• Detail oriented, with excellent organizational, planning, and documentation skills.
• Understands the big picture yet has acute attention to details and follow-through.
• Strong writing, listening, and interpersonal skills.
• Supportive team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment; ability to diffuse tense situations, if needed.
• Ability to understand the business operations from both a strategic and tactical perspective.
All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Film Musicians Secondary Markets Fund
15910 Ventura Blvd., 9th Floor
Encino, CA 91436
$90,000-$95,000 DOE; excellent benefits
Additional Instructions: Please type ''SR MANAGER, TD-CM -(your name)'' in the subject line.
NO phone calls please. NO Recruiters please. Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online