Participant Relations Associate (Beneficiary)
Film Musicians Secondary Markets FundEncino, CA
Full Time Job
Job title: Participant Relations Associate (Beneficiary)
Salary: $45,000 to $48,000 per year, DOE
Division/Department: Participant Relations
Reporting Relationship: Manager, Beneficiary Administration
The Participant Relations Associate (Beneficiary) works under the supervision of the Manager, Beneficiary Administration and is responsible for assisting with all matters relating to deceased participant musicians and their beneficiaries, including collecting the information and documentation necessary to confirm participant beneficiary(ies) entitled to residual payments. The Participant Relations Associate (Beneficiary) will also assist fielding the Participant inquiries related to their accounts.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Set up of Participant Records - New Musicians and Beneficiaries.
• Collect, verify, and analyze correspondence and legal documents such as Death Certificates, Affidavits, Trusts, Wills, Probate documents, and Powers of Attorney required for establishing participant beneficiary(ies) pursuant to Fund policies and the governing collective bargaining agreements.
• Communicate with third parties (e.g., family members, attorneys, executors, trustees, agents and managers) for purposes of researching and confirming participant beneficiary(ies).
• Review incoming Beneficiary Designation Forms for accurate completion; update beneficiary records in Fund's database and electronic files.
• Conduct research through the use of services such as Ancestry.com, LexisNexis, TLOxp, and others to locate and confirm participant beneficiary(ies).
• Collaborate with other Fund Departments to facilitate identification of beneficiaries and appropriate distribution of residual payments.
• Assist Manager, Beneficiary Administration, with gathering data for preparation of quarterly reports, policy changes, and presentations to Executive Director, Chief Operating Officer and Participant Relations Director.
• Respond to and handle any Participant inquiries related to individual account profiles and beneficiary matters.
• Update and process data entry for existing Participants and maintain Participant correspondence records.
• Track and log maintenance of all received film inquiries.
• Perform outreach, follow-up on, and resolve film omissions inquiries.
• At fiscal year-end, assist Manager, Beneficiary Administration in working with other departments and personnel such as Accounting and Applications Systems Development on facilitating the Fund's annual distribution issues regarding Participants.
• Maintain deceased musician and beneficiary files.
• Assist with other projects as appropriate.
• Provide backup support to other Fund departments, on an as-needed basis.
• Bachelor's Degree and/or Paralegal Certification, with at least 2 years of legal experience preferred
• Experience with NetSuite preferred
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills and customer service ethos
• Proficient in MS Excel and Word
• Working knowledge of customer management system/database
• Exceptional analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
• Must be well organized and accurate, with strong attention to detail
• Must have integrity, honesty, and an ethical mentality
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
• Ability to work with deadlines and learn concepts quickly
• Ability to analyze and interpret legal documents
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from Participant musicians, Participant beneficiaries, and their respective representatives
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize workloads
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online