General Accounting Clerk
Film Musicians Secondary Markets FundEncino, CA
Full Time Job
Job title: General Accounting Clerk
Reporting Relationship: Accounting Manager
The General Accounting Clerk performs any combination of the following: calculating, posting, and verifying duties to obtain financial data for use in maintaining accounting records, compiles and sorts documents, such as invoices and checks, substantiating business transactions, verifies and posts details of business transactions, such as funds received and disbursed, and totals accounts, using calculator or computer and online banking application.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Bank cash and investment account reconciliation for FMSMF and LTVF.
• Accounting data entry (e.g. budget update, journal entry posting - copy/paste, bank statement download, update accounting logs).
• Assist in Quarterly and Year-End Tax Filings and other Annual Tax Form distributions (W2, 1042s, etc.)
• Income verifications for Participants.
• Processing Garnishments for Child Support, IRS and FTB
• Accounting record keeping (e.g., account payables, general ledger and other accounting documents, e-filing, scanning).
• Check reconciliation (e.g. Check and ACH positive pay, check paid update for both distribution and A/P).
• Check disbursement (e.g. A/P check mailing, check copying - copies of cancelled checks request).
• Process new hires (for both Funds, residual distribution participants).
• Participate in inventory count of both fixed and non-fixed tangible assets.
• Assist Accounting Manager in different distribution tasks (e.g. garnishment update in AS400, prepare response to garnishment, Lien/Levy spreadsheet(s), copies of garnishment notices).
• Prepare various accounting monthly audit schedules.
• Other accounting duties as assigned (e.g. backup of contribution and other check deposits, daily investment sweep).
• Maintain record of ACA health benefits reporting compliance for W2 recon.
• Associates Degree in a related field required; Bachelor's Degree preferred
• 2+ years related work experience required
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook)
• Knowledge of Net Suite preferred
• Exceptional analytical, critical thinking, and problem solving skills
• Must be well organized, detail oriented, and a self-starter
• Must have integrity, honesty and ethical mentality
• Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding payroll and financial information
• Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment
• Ability to work with deadlines, and learn concepts quickly
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize workloads
• Ability to communicate with all levels of staff
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• A positive attitude
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online