Film & Television Audit Analyst
Film Musicians Secondary Markets FundEncino, CA
Full Time Job
Job title: Audit Analyst
Salary: $45,000 - $48,000 DOE
Division/Department: Contract Compliance
Do you want to work for a Company with an amazing mission and make a difference in people's lives? The Film Musicians Secondary Markets Fund (''Fund'') is a 501(c)(6) nonprofit organization based in Encino, CA. Its mission is to collect, process and distribute residual payments to musicians resulting from their work in film, television and digital media. The Fund offers amazing medical benefits, plenty of paid time off, Safe Harbor 401(k), paid holidays, a hybrid schedule and many other benefits!
The Audit Analyst will work closely with the current auditing staff and management in all aspects of daily auditing operations, including but not limited to, analyzing and compiling historical sales and residual/royalty data, payment reconciliations, and reviewing contracts for relevant terms.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develop and maintain familiarity with all applicable Contracts and Agreements.
• Generate Compliance audit ''Engagement Letters'' for department management approval.
• Perform research using various internal and external sources of information and data.
• Research and prepare the audit test title universe and revenue/residual analysis spreadsheets.
• Maintain Compliance audit, bankruptcy, litigation files and spreadsheets, on a current basis, to track progress of each and resulting disposition.
• Prepare the Universe of Titles and list of obligated titles for bankruptcies and litigation.
• Interface with independent auditors at the direction of department management.
• Review draft agreed-upon procedures report(s) in substantive detail to discuss with department management.
• Generate final audit report ''Packages'' for submission to Auditees.
• Assist department management with auditor/lawyer requests.
• Assist department management with special projects and ad hoc reporting, as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree required.
• 4 years related work experience preferred.
• Knowledge of, or a strong interest in learning, audit procedures and principles.
• Knowledge of the entertainment industry, as it relates to film and television residuals preferred.
• Advanced MS Excel skills; high level of comfort working with large amounts of data; proficient in MS Word.
• Must be well organized, detail oriented, and a self-starter.
• Exceptional analytical, critical thinking, and problem solving skills.
• Must have integrity, honesty and ethical mentality.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
• Ability to work with deadlines, and learn concepts quickly.
• Ability to accurately prepare, analyze, assess, and evaluate voluminous data sets.
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize workloads.
• Strong problem solving skills.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to communicate with all levels of staff.
• A positive attitude.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online