Coordinator, Production (Live Events)
Film 45New York, NY
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Coordinator Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Theater/Live Events Category
Search for Coordinator, Production (Live Events) jobs in New York-NY
The Coordinator, Production will broadly support the Production Department in Live Events and provide assistance on specific projects, as well coordinate with VP, Production and Production Management on shows. This role is a staff position, widely supporting all active productions and providing direct support to freelance roles. Position will ensure all internal record processes are being followed and support freelance teams to assist with completion, proper execution and timely submission of expense reports, mileage forms, kit rental agreements, and other applicable production documents. Position will act as point person for internal production record keeping of all show specific shared drives, as well as be responsible for distribution of call sheets and creation of wrap binders. Coordinator, Production will work closely with Production Executives, HR, Accounting, as well project Line Producers and Production Managers.
Note all duties and responsibilities are administered at the discretion and need(s) of each specific production. Not all will apply or be needed for each production.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support freelance teams to assist with completion, proper execution and timely submission of expense reports, mileage forms, kit rental agreements, and other applicable production documents;
- Position will have oversight to show specific Google Shared Drives to ensure all necessary production documents are stored appropriately according to Company file structure guidelines including: call-sheets, Crew start paperwork, vendor agreements, location agreements, appearance releases, expense/mileage reports, kit rental agreements, etc.;
- Work closely with project Line Producers and Production Managers to ensure all freelance crew are properly onboarded before starting travel/work;
- Position is responsible for first draft, receiving approval from Production and distribution of call sheets;
- Creation of wrap binders - typically includes all legal and paper deliverables including, but not limited to all crew/vendor agreements, cost reports and general ledgers, all appearance/location/material licenses, third party licensing docs, call sheets, production reports, etc.;
- Schedule Production Kickoff Meetings with all Company department heads prior to the start of production to ensure all applicable persons are informed of necessary project details;
- Facilitate the onboarding process, including sending invitations for all key staff to Company digital systems, TiM and Media Services Crew Portal, and ensuring all Crew paperwork is completed on time to meet compliance standards for internal processes. This position will train freelance crews to use both digital portals and guide them through paperwork and timecard completion. As well, upload completed start paperwork and personnel documents in specific project shared drive;
- Position will facilitate digital tools for Crew, i.e. Tallie, Google Drive and orchestrate applicable
access points and approvals;
- Booking internal travel/handling internal staff expenses using related software and websites;
- Any applicable tasks or projects Production may require as deemed necessary.
Education and Work Experience:
- 2+ years entry level experience in non-scripted development or production; previous work in documentaries or live events/specials a plus;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and social platforms; Avid, Premier, Adobe Suite experience a plus.
Education and Work Experience:
- 1 - 3 years supporting a Production or Executive(s) in Production;
- Experience managing multiple workflows at once;
- High School Degree, College Degree not necessary.
- Self-motivated, proactive, thorough, and exhibit the ability to simultaneously work on multiple and diverse projects with various responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and attention to detail at all times.
- Proficient in Google Workspace, Teams, and Outlook; and has an ability to learn and facilitate digital workflows and production platforms;
- General Knowledge of production workflows
- Should understand the position in the greater production team and has the ability to assess situations quickly to find a resolution or loop in other applicable persons; exhibit strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be willing to submit a background check;
- Must be willing to travel to set for various productions;
- Must have work authorization to work in the United States.
This is a non-exempt position. After-hours work will not be expected or required. All work should be done within working hours. OT after 10 hours will need to be approved. If scheduled hours need to be adjusted to support production needs, it should be identified and approved ahead of time. This is not a Production Manager position - if there are crew problems after hours a Production Manager should be identified as the contact.