Intern - Audio Engineer
Fever RecordingNorth Hollywood, CA
Part Time Unpaid Internship
This is a three month unpaid audio engineer internship that will be at both locations. We are looking for interns who can commit 24 hours per week. Scheduling is flexible. For school-credit only. Please list current school in your application. Application deadline: August 3, 2021
- Supporting engineering staff with session setup and tear-down of recording sessions
- Keeping the facility stocked, clean, organized, and functional
- Assisting with client services: check-in, general questions, food accommodations
- General tech, office, and maintenance assistance as needed
What you will learn:
- Advanced signal flow
- Microphone setup and techniques
- How to utilize software plug-ins and analogue outboard gear
- Recording, editing, and mixing techniques
- Session time management and meeting the client's goals for the session
- How to conduct a session from start to finish
- Troubleshooting analogue and digital equipment
- Day-to-day operations of a high-end recording studio
- Etiquette and professionalism when dealing with high-profile clients
What we give you:
- Ability to use our studios for your own projects and/or further learning when available
- One-on-one trainings with our engineers on analogue boards, outboard gear, and Pro Tools
- Flexible scheduling
- Must be a student from an audio engineer, post production, or music business program.
- Must have an insured car and valid driver's license.
- Be proficient in Pro Tools.
- Know basic signal flow.
- Studio etiquette and professionalism. Not speaking to clients unless you are talked to. Not pitching your songs to clientele.
- Must be able to commit at least 24 hours per week.
- Must be able to work weekends.
Not required, but plus:
- Proficient in other DAW's
- Previous employment in the service industry
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online