Manager, Consulting & Events
Fenway Sports ManagementBoston, MA
This was removed by the employer on 4/21/2021 11:36:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Sports Category
Browse the Theater/Live Events Category
Search for Manager, Consulting & Events jobs in Boston-MA
Search all Manager, Consulting & Events postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Manager, Consulting & Events? FSM's Consulting & Events team advises an elite roster of client brands on how to best leverage sports and entertainment partnerships to realize their business goals. In this role, the Manager of Consulting & Events will work closely with each client's internal marketing team to develop strategies and customized sponsorship programs that deliver against brand objectives. This person will be charged with identifying potential partners, procuring the optimal mix of sponsorships that help brands reach and engage target audiences, evaluating opportunities, providing recommendations based on extensive research, creating integrated activation programs and leading negotiations with prospective teams, leagues and/or athletes. FSM is looking for a relationship driven individual that understands the overall sponsorship landscape with the experience to make an immediate impact in a client-facing role.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Strategic Account Management (60%):
• Operate as the lead point of contact for day-to-day servicing of client accounts. Interact with client and all appropriate agencies/properties to support client sponsorship and programming initiatives.
• Understand overall client goals and help to develop strategic marketing partnerships & platforms.
• Identify, evaluate, and negotiate new sponsorship opportunities, including team, league, player and venue.
• Create data-driven evaluations and overall recommendations for sponsorship proposals.
• Work with client business units to create specific and relevant tools of measurement to provide a comprehensive ROI on sponsorship investments as well as business sales goals.
• Prepare in-depth research and analytics to support client needs.
• Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships.
Account Partnership Activation (30%):
• Manage and execute client events, including but not limited to player appearances, TV shoots, tabling and game sponsorships; Manager is expected to be on-site for all events pertaining to his/her clients.
• Maintain event budget that aligns with client goals/expectations.
• Inventory, order & manage all potential promotional items.
• Manage all staffing needs and provide on-site management when required.
• Create and manage ROS for all events/on-site activations. Manage all on-site logistics, such as permitting, vendor & venue management, security, etc.
• Provide detailed recaps to clients for all activations.
• Brainstorm and implement activation programs.
• Create presentation materials including strategic plans, sponsorship activation plans, event recaps and new business pitches; As well as participate in client presentations and perform necessary follow-up.
Department Support (10%):
• Collaborate on new business opportunities as directed.
• Provide hospitality support/client entertainment during Red Sox games at Fenway throughout the season.
• Assist with Consulting & Events and Experiences larger initiatives; work cooperatively within department as needed
• Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor's degree required
• Excellent face-to-face, telephone, virtual and e-mail communication
• A minimum of 5 years of account/relationship management and events experience in the sports and entertainment industries
• Strong background in sponsorship analysis, benchmarking and evaluation
• Acute attention to detail, high level of organization and ability to efficiently multi-task
• Proven work experience managing day-to-day relationships with clients, agencies and vendors. Client service driven individual
• Able to operate effectively in a team setting and get along with co-workers
• Practical experience with demonstrated success executing sports/entertainment/event marketing initiatives
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Able to work extended hours, including nights and weekends and travel, as job requires
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.