Social Media Specialist
Estrella MediaDallas, TX
Full Time Job
Social Media Specialist
The Social Media Specialist will work collaboratively with the Promotions Department, Website Content Coordinator, and other team members. The successful candidate has a passion for social media management and engagement. You will be responsible for creating, managing and uploading content related to the radio, and television shows as well as interacting with targeted virtual communities and our Network viewers and listeners.
• Work with promotions management to build, oversee and implement social media strategies using, but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, blogs, online forums and discussion boards.
• Utilize competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging and audience identification to create superior customer engagement and generate website traffic and revenue.
• Generate, edit, publish and share daily content (original text, images, video or HTML) that builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to take action. Set up and optimize company pages within each platform to increase the visibility of company's social content.
• Moderate all user-generated content in line with the moderation policy for each community.
• Continuously improve by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social data/metrics, insights and best practices, and then acting on the information.
• Excellent writing, editing (photo/video/text), presentation and communication skills.
• 1 - 2 years experience in social media management and social analytics tools, either at a large company (preferably in entertainment or media), or had clients that were large companies.
• Solid understanding of online marketing on major social media channels such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, blogs, forums and discussion boards.
• Thrive in a fast paced environment, meet tight deadlines.
• Positive attitude, detail and customer oriented, with good multi-tasking and organizational ability.
• Bilingual: Must be fluent in reading, writing and speaking English/Spanish.
• BA/BS preferred in Communications, New Media or Public Relations.
• Must be willing to work in Dallas, TX [no relocations]
• Must be willing to undergo a pre-employment background investigation.
• Must have legal authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be willing to work overtime, holiday or weekends on short notice.
• Must be 18 years or older.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Estrella Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are Estrella Media, the largest privately-held, minority-owned Spanish-language broadcaster in the United States, which owns TV and radio stations operating in top Hispanic markets throughout the country and is the parent company of the Estrella TV Network, one of the fastest growing television networks in the U.S. We are currently looking for talented and passionate people who want to grow with us.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online