Estrella MediaBurbank, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the TV Station Category
Search for Research Manager jobs in Burbank-CA
About Estrella Media, Inc.
Estrella Media, Inc. is a leading Spanish-language media company creating video and audio content for multiplatform distribution in the United States and around the world. Estrella Media is one of the largest U.S. producers of Spanish-language video content, producing over 6,000 hours annually of news and entertainment programming at its Estrella Studios, and it has a library of over 20,000 hours of original entertainment programming. Estrella Media informs and entertains U.S. Hispanic television audiences on the EstrellaTV national broadcast network, owned and operated stations in leading Hispanic markets, and through free live streaming channels EstrellaTV, Estrella News and Estrella Games available on all major video services and on demand through the EstrellaTV APP and website available anytime and anywhere.
Estrella Media is also one of the leading producers of Spanish-language radio programming and events. The company's Don Cheto Radio Network features one of the nation's most popular radio talents. Estrella Media's highly rated radio programming is broadcast on its radio stations in the top U.S. Hispanic markets and is also streamed on digital media platforms. Estrella also produces large scale music festivals, concerts and special events throughout the U.S.
The Research Manager will have a broad mix of media research tools to design, execute and conduct analysis providing research-based solutions for Estrella Media Inc's Sales, Affiliate, Audience Tracking and Measurement, Programming, and Digital research efforts. The Research Manager will be joining a team that is focused on understanding and measuring the audience of Estrella and its competition and will interact directly with senior leaders and executive management to provide high quality and thought-provoking analysis. The strongest candidates will have extensive hands-on experience working with large data sets. The position would be based in either metropolitan New York City or Los Angeles.
• Provide senior leaders and executive management with strategic insight to maximize sales and position the network and stations with viewers and advertisers in a distinctive, creative way.
• Provide competitive analysis on programming ratings performance, audience flow, audience skew and retention.
• Provide custom analysis, optimizing all research systems (e.g. Nielsen NNTV, NPower, Nielsen Arianna, Nielsen NLTV, Nielsen Tapscan and other national and local reporting systems).
• Improve workflow, automate repetitive functions, and optimize productivity to increase work performance ultimately resulting in an improvement of contextual reporting.
• Present to clients compelling, quantitative information to drive sales and growth.
• Advise on strategic opportunities to increase network awareness and tune in, understanding viewers and potential viewers.
• Perform daily submissions with programming lineups and release accurate and timely reporting of Estrella and its primary competitors.
• Advise on the performance of digital properties and provide insights on digital platforms.
• Bachelor's degree with 4+ years of media research experience (preferably in broadcast or local television, cable, radio, advertising or a closely related field).
• Creative and strategic thinker with advanced analytical and Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel and PowerPoint.
• Competency with visualization and reporting tools (pivot tables, macros, complex functions, etc.) preferred. Experience with data visualization software is a plus.
• Ability to discern trends in the industry and understand the competitive landscape.
• Thorough knowledge of Nielsen Media Research measurement infrastructure across National TV, Local TV and Radio.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while multi-tasking and juggling competing priorities.
• Excellent written, verbal, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong organizational skills with an attention to detail.
• Demonstrated flexibility in job responsibilities.
• Must be willing to work in Burbank, CA. [no relocations]
• Must be willing to work long hours, holidays and weekends on short notice.
• Must be willing to undergo a pre-employment background investigation.
• Must have legal authorization to work in the United States.
• Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire.
• Must possess valid CA Driver's license and a good driving record.
• Must be 18 years or older.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Estrella Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer.