Radio Broadcast Engineer
Estrella MediaBURBANK, CA
Full Time Job
Position Summary: The Radio Broadcast Engineer shall install, configure, and maintain Radio broadcasting equipment as needed by the Company. The successful candidate will possess initiative and drive, have broad relevant technical knowledge with good people skills and have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Support day to day operations of radio broadcast systems, software, and equipment throughout the stations including the studio and transmitter facilities.
• Maintain programming logs as required by station management and the FCC.
• Troubleshoot and repair computer hardware, software and peripherals, including network servers, storage, network operating systems, PCs and PC applications and LAN cabling.
• Create and maintain documents for equipment installation, wiring, repair, and replacement.
• Maintain knowledge and stay current on technological advances including computer software and hardware, media and entertainment technologies, television broadcasting, studio production and workstation products.
• Performs antenna analysis, including antenna efficiency and gain, VSWR, and radiation patterns.
• Equipment testing and optimization for the continued operation of Radio broadcast transmission.
• Install, configure and test new equipment.
• Set up and operate equipment and transmission links during remote broadcast.
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships when performing assigned responsibilities.
• Ensure that critical Company radio, recording and editing operations are up and running 24/7.
• Assist in planning and development of all aspects of technical facilities including studios, transmitters, telephone systems, satellite, STL, computers and data networks.
• Assist other facility engineers as necessary.
• Degree in electrical engineering, broadcast engineering, computer science, computer engineering, or related field, or equivalent on the job experience.
• Minimum two years of experience in broadcast facility maintenance, including hands-on support of FM radio transmitters and modern studio equipment at a radio station.
• Working knowledge of full-power AM multi-tower directional transmission systems and high-powered multi-station FM transmission systems. Extensive HD radio knowledge and experience.
• Experience and knowledgeable in all governmental/public file records maintenance, reporting and licensing.
• Proficiency with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint software.
• Strong analytical and logical problem solving skills.
• Responds to equipment outages, malfunctions, and related technical problems at studio, transmitter, and translator locations.
• Heavy computer usage, including repetitive hand use and movement, is required.
• Work performed primarily in Engineering Shop, in studios and transmitter facilities, both inside and outside, and in an office environment.
• Must be a ''self-starter'' able to work independently and fulfill responsibilities without constant supervision.
• Practical knowledge of electrical, plumbing, HVAC and basic construction techniques helpful.
• This is a service-oriented position requiring excellent written and oral communications, personable and timely interaction and response with fellow employees, and organizational skills.
• The ability to troubleshoot to a component level.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee will frequently be required to stand; walk; sit; use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; and smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• Must be willing to work in Burbank, CA [no relocations]
• Must be willing to undergo a pre-employment background investigation
• Must have legal authorization to work in the United States
• Must be willing to work holiday or weekends on short notice and may be required to do some local travel.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Must have valid CA Drivers License with insurance.
• Personal vehicle is necessary for twenty-four hour response to emergencies.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Estrella is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are Estrella Media, Inc., the largest privately-held, minority-owned Spanish-language broadcaster in the United States which owns TV and radio stations operating in several top Hispanic markets, and is the parent company of the Estrella TV Network. We are the fastest growing television network in the U.S. We are looking for talented and passionate people who want to grow with us.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online