Estrella MediaHouston, TX
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Coordinator Category
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the TV Station Category
Search for Promotions Coordinator jobs in Houston-TX
About Estrella Media, Inc.
Estrella Media, Inc. is a leading Spanish-language media company creating video and audio content for multiplatform distribution in the United States and around the world. Estrella Media is one of the largest U.S. producers of Spanish-language video content, producing over 6,000 hours annually of news and entertainment programming at its Estrella Studios, and it has a library of over 20,000 hours of original entertainment programming. Estrella Media informs and entertains U.S. Hispanic television audiences on the EstrellaTV national broadcast network, owned and operated stations in leading Hispanic markets, and through free live streaming channels EstrellaTV, Estrella News and Estrella Games available on all major video services and on demand through the EstrellaTV APP and website available anytime and anywhere.
Estrella Media is also one of the leading producers of Spanish-language audio programming and events through its leading stations in major markets. The company's Don Cheto Radio Network features one of the nation's most popular radio talents. Estrella Media's highly rated radio programming is broadcast on its radio stations in the top U.S. Hispanic markets and is also streamed on digital media platforms. Estrella also produces large scale music festivals, concerts and special events throughout the U.S. To learn more about Estrella Media and see company updates, please follow us on Twitter @Estrellamedia, Facebook @Estrellamediainc and LinkedIn @Estrella Media, Inc.
We are Houston's KTJM/KJOJ 98.5/103.3 FM (La Raza), KQQK 107.9 FM, KEYH/KNTE 850AM/101.7FM (La Ranchera), KZJL-TV Estrella TV 61, 24-Hour News 61.2 and Classico 61.3, based in the #4 Hispanic demographic market. The primary job of the Promotions Coordinator is to handle the coordination and execution of all promotional operations. This position is responsible for the daily activities that promote the station(s), clients, or events.
• Responsible for logistics and execution of promotional field operations for special events.
• Distribute contest rules, winner affidavits and prizing on the streets or events.
• Collaborates with multiple departments to create and execute promotions such as remotes, events, van hits and other street team activities from start to finish.
• Drives promotional vehicles • Sets up, breaks down and transports promotional event equipment as required.
• Performs basic office administrative functions and updates station web site.
• Be creative and entertain a crowd in public with games, music and trivia.
• Interact with station listeners, on-air personalities and clients in a professional manner always.
• Operate broadcast equipment, Microsoft computers, and PA (Public Announcement) Systems.
• Daily communication with Promotions Director and entire promotions team.
• Attend weekly staff meetings with promotions street team.
• Executes phone calls for logistical planning of events.
• Pulls maps for locations. • Be creative with games and contests.
• Provide Account Executives with recap from every remote and event within 24 hours of event.
• Always maintain vehicles stocked with prize premiums and supplies.
• Inspects and keeps maintenance of station vehicles, paperwork (registration & insurance).
• Abides by organizational norms and supports organizational goals.
• Remains calm and professional through stressful circumstances.
• Work with promotions management to build, oversee and implement social media strategies using, but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, blogs, online forums, and discussion boards.
• Set up and optimize company pages within each platform to increase the visibility of company's social content.
• Continuously improve by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social data/metrics, insights, and best practices, and then acting on the information
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Outgoing with a passion for meeting people; experience dealing with large crowds a plus.
• Physical ability to stand for multiple hours and lift or move 40-pound objects.
• Actively listens; clearly and effectively conveys information; demonstrates effective business writing skills; shows excellent grasp of grammar.
• Strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
• Requires working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe, Photoshop & Outlook software packages.
• Requires ability to comprehend and write reports/recap summaries of remotes and van hits.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
• 1 -2 years' experience in social media management and social analytics tools, either at a large company (preferably in entertainment or media) or had clients that were large companies.
• Solid understanding of online marketing on major social media channels such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, blogs, forums and discussion boards.
• Thrive in a fast-paced environment, meet tight deadlines.
• Positive attitude, detail, and customer oriented, with good multi-tasking and organizational ability.
• Bilingual: Must be fluent in reading, writing, and speaking English/Spanish
• Must be willing to work in Houston, TX.
• Must be able to make quick decisions.
• Must be able to lift equipment up to 25+ pounds.
• Must be available to work 40 hours/week.
• Must be able to work evenings, weekends and/or Holidays.
• Must have a valid Driver License.
• Must be willing to undergo a pre-employment background investigation.
• Must have legal authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be 18 years or older.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Estrella Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer.