Estrella MediaIrving, TX
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the TV Station Category
Search for Promotions Coordinator jobs in Irving-TX
We are Estrella Media, the largest privately held, minority-owned Spanish-language broadcaster in the United States, which owns TV and radio stations operating in top Hispanic markets throughout the country and is the parent company of the Estrella TV Network, one of the fastest growing television networks in the U.S. We are currently looking for talented and passionate people who want to grow with us.
We are Dallas's KZZA 106.7fm (La Ranchera), KBOC 98.3 fm (Luna), KNOR 93.7 fm (La Raza), based in the #4 Hispanic demographic market. The primary job of the Promotions Coordinator is to handle the coordination and execution of all KZZA, KBOC and KNOR promotional operations. This position is responsible for the daily activities that promote the station(s), clients, or events.
• Responsible for logistics and execution of promotional field operations for special events.
• Distribute contest rules, winner affidavits and prizing on the streets or events.
• Collaborates with multiple departments to create and execute promotions such as remotes, events, van hits and other street team activities from start to finish.
• Drives promotional vehicles • Sets up, breaks down and transports promotional event equipment as required.
• Performs basic office administrative functions and updates station web site.
• Be creative and entertain a crowd in public with games, music and trivia.
• Interact with station listeners, on-air personalities and clients in a professional manner always.
• Operate broadcast equipment, Microsoft computers, and PA (Public Announcement) Systems.
• Daily communication with Promotions Director and entire promotions team.
• Attend weekly staff meetings with promotions street team.
• Executes phone calls for logistical planning of events.
• Pulls maps for locations. • Be creative with games and contests.
• Provide Account Executives with recap from every remote and event within 24 hours of event.
• Always maintain vehicles stocked with prize premiums and supplies.
• Inspects and keeps maintenance of station vehicles, paperwork (registration & insurance).
• Abides by organizational norms and supports organizational goals.
• Remains calm and professional through stressful circumstances.
• Work with promotions management to build, oversee and implement social media strategies using, but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, blogs, online forums, and discussion boards.
• Set up and optimize company pages within each platform to increase the visibility of company's social content.
• Continuously improve by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social data/metrics, insights, and best practices, and then acting on the information
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Outgoing with a passion for meeting people; experience dealing with large crowds a plus.
• Physical ability to stand for multiple hours and lift or move 40-pound objects.
• Actively listens; clearly and effectively conveys information; demonstrates effective business writing skills; shows excellent grasp of grammar.
• Strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
• Requires working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe, Photoshop & Outlook software packages.
• Requires ability to comprehend and write reports/recap summaries of remotes and van hits.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
• 1 -2 years' experience in social media management and social analytics tools, either at a large company (preferably in entertainment or media) or had clients that were large companies.
• Solid understanding of online marketing on major social media channels such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, blogs, forums and discussion boards.
• Thrive in a fast-paced environment, meet tight deadlines.
• Positive attitude, detail, and customer oriented, with good multi-tasking and organizational ability.
• Bilingual: Must be fluent in reading, writing, and speaking English/Spanish
• Must be willing to work in Dallas, TX.
• Must be able to make quick decisions.
• Must be able to lift equipment up to 25+ pounds.
• Must be available to work 40 hours/week.
• Must be able to work evenings, weekends and/or Holidays.
• Must have a valid Driver License.
• Must be willing to undergo a pre-employment background investigation.
• Must have legal authorization to work in the United States.
• Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire
• Must be 18 years or older.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Estrella Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer.