Multi Media Journalist
Estrella MediaIrving, TX
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the TV Station Category
Search for Multi Media Journalist jobs in Irving-TX
We are Estrella Media, a leading vertically integrated, multi-platform, Spanish-language media company operating the EstrellaTV broadcast network as well as owned and operated radio and television stations across all top U.S. Hispanic markets. Producing over 2,500 hours annually of original video programming, the company is one of the largest U.S. producers of Spanish-language content. We are looking for talented and passionate people who want to grow with us.
The successful candidate will need to have excellent knowledge of news in the US, global news, and an understanding of what Hispanic audiences are looking for in linear, digital and social media news coverage. They will have significant editorial responsibility and will be expected to plan, drive the creative vision, and output daily news packages for air on the Estrella TV network and digital streams. They must demonstrate strong editorial judgement and solid journalistic skills. They will be able to write creatively, accurately, and succinctly, and understand how to find and generate original and engaging news stories that can work across all platforms. You will be adept at planning and producing video and TV packages, desk top editing, producing graphics, and arranging for guests to appear on camera. You will serve as the on-camera reporter, videotape and edit all your own packages and deliver a completed news package in a timely manner. The job will require ambition, imagination and a large degree of initiative with the high editorial, journalism and production values that are consistent with US broadcast standard.
• To compile and output innovative news stories, packages and content offering new perspectives and deeper exploration to news stories, interviews, profiles and digital content.
• To be creative and influential in developing Estrella TV's News content in the Houston area and work with senior staff and assignment editors to follow and to formulate ideas which will inspire audiences.
• To plan, structure, write and produce content for use on TV, Digital and Radio for the Hispanic audiences regarding producing high quality stories.
• To oversee and comply content and ensure it meets Estrella TV's guidelines and legal requirements.
• To identify, develop, write, videotape, appear on camera, edit and deliver completed news stories daily for the various outlets such as News features, News bulletins, Online or social.
• A full command of written and spoken Spanish in a neutral accent.
• To watch or listen to news footage and log accurately what is important or useful, in order to tell a story through edited highlights.
• To develop original ideas for digital content.
• Exceptional knowledge of news, that appeals to a Hispanic audience and excellent news contacts.
• Proven skills in creating TV news packages or visual news content to highest standards.
• Strong digital understanding and awareness.
• Good team working skills both as a team leader and a team player.
• Proven editorial judgement and the ability to make decisions under tight deadlines
• Creativity and ideas generation.
• Well-developed organizational skills and the ability to maintain a high standard of performance whilst under pressure.
• An awareness of the latest broadcast technology.
• An awareness of budget issues and delivering value for money.
• Knowledge of the Hispanic media market and the changing needs of the audience.
• Experience of making sound judgements on matters of editorial sensitivity.
• Knowledge and practical experience of daily journalism.
• Well-developed communication skills.
• Strive for diversity of contributors, in terms of gender, ethnicity, disability and age.
• Resilience, determination, ambition, energy and enthusiasm.
• Experience in social networks (Facebook,Instagram and Twitter).
• Understanding of Copyrights for images and videos for social networks and web.
• Basic knowledge of Adobe Premiere editing system.
• Detail oriented, organized, and able to work with cross functional teams.
• Must be willing to work overtime and during weekends.
• Analytical Thinking - Able to simplify complex problems, process projects into component parts, explore and evaluate them systematically.
• Imagination and Creative Thinking - Translates news stories and events into high quality content through a detailed understanding of the requirements of the broadcast media and possession of the necessary writing, directing and reporting skills.
• Resilience - Can maintain personal effectiveness by managing own emotions in the face of pressure, setbacks or when dealing with provocative situations. Can demonstrate an approach to work that is characterized by commitment, motivation and energy.
• Communication -The ability to get one's message understood clearly by adopting a range of styles, tools and techniques appropriate to the audience and the nature of the information.
• Influencing and Persuasion - Ability to present sound and well-reasoned arguments to convince others. Can draw from a range of strategies to persuade people in a way that results in agreement or behavior change.
• Managing Relationships and Team Working - Able to build and maintain effective working relationships with a range of people. Highly effective team player; works for the benefit of the whole team.
• BA or BS in journalism or related field.
• At least one-year experience in reporting, shooting, writing and video-editing news stories.
• Must be an excellent writer and communicator in Spanish.
• Must be willing to work in Houston, Tx.
• Must be willing to undergo a pre-employment background investigation
• Must have legal authorization to work in the United States
• Must be willing to work overtime, holiday or weekends on short notice
• Must possess a valid TX Drivers License with good driving record
• Must be 18 years or older.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Estrella Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer.