Estrella MediaIrving, TX
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the TV Station Category
Search for Camera Operator jobs in Irving-TX
We are Estrella Media the largest privately held, minority-owned Spanish-language broadcaster in the United States which owns TV and radio stations operating in several top Hispanic markets, and is the parent company of the Estrella TV Network, and the fastest growing television networks in the U.S. We are looking for talented and passionate people who want to grow with us.
The ideal candidate will have experience in lighting and recording technique in both field and indoor news broadcast settings. Must possess basic knowledge of sound and film language techniques and professional experience as a news camera operator.
• Assemble, prepare, and set up equipment (e.g., tripods, monitors, lighting, cables, leads and headphones) prior to filming
• Maintain composition and appropriate camera angles throughout a shot.
• When needed work with Reporter and Producer to find the best shot which captures the visual impact of the story or segment.
• Rehearse camera moves required for pre-arranged shots as well as live transmissions.
• Trouble-shoot technical or operational problems.
• Bring innovation and experiment with ideas.
• Work quickly, respond quickly to directions.
• Take charge in situations where the camera operator is the only news person present at a story.
• Stay current on filming methods and equipment.
• Travel to different locations depending on assignment.
• One year of experience as a News Camera Operator.
• Experience with lighting, optics, and cinematography.
• Demonstrated knowledge and ability to creatively frame and capture action; assemble, prepare, and set up equipment prior to filming
• Ability to multi-task and work in a high pressure fast paced environment, usually with tight and changing deadlines
• Bi-lingual skills (English/Spanish a plus)
• Some college preferred
• Must be willing to work in Dallas, TX
• Must be willing to work long hours, holidays, and weekends on short notice.
• Must be willing to undergo a pre-employment background investigation
• Must have legal authorization to work in the United States
• Must possess valid TX DMV license and a good driving record.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Estrella Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer.