Estrella MediaIrving, TX
Full Time Job
Estrella Media, Inc. is a leading Spanish-language media company creating video and audio content for multiplatform distribution in the United States and around the world. Estrella Media is one of the largest U.S. producers of Spanish-language video content, producing over 6,000 hours annually of news and entertainment programming at its Estrella Studios, and it has a library of over 20,000 hours of original entertainment programming. Estrella Media informs and entertains U.S. Hispanic television audiences on the EstrellaTV national broadcast network, owned and operated stations in leading Hispanic markets, and through free live streaming channels EstrellaTV, Estrella News and Estrella Games available on all major video services and on demand through the EstrellaTV APP and website available anytime and anywhere.
We are searching for an Accounts Receivable to help and support our accounting team. This position will be tasked to manage billing procedures and processes in order to ensure the collection of account balances. The position entails processing payments, applying payments, reviewing account discrepancies, and support collection efforts.
• Prepare and complete daily cash posting and reporting in a timely and accurate manner.
• Accurately document and post payments to the correct invoice and accounts
• Process AR payments
• Review and verify accounts and account balances.
• Prepare aging reports
• Prepare and process adjustment requests
• Process monthly closing tasks, accounts receivable reconciliation and adjustments
• Interact with sales teams to ensure facilitating the acceptance of new orders and clearing discrepancies on account balances
• Interact with advertisers or agencies to facilitate payments
• Continues evaluation of current policies and recommendations for process improvements
• Support external and internal audits
• Assure compliance with company policies and procedures and perform accounting and reporting in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
• Develop and maintain effective working relationship when performing assigned responsibilities.
• Please note, this job description is not designed to cover in detail or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
• Strong, dependable, and responsible with a professional demeanor and who is detail-oriented and well-organized.
• Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, and Outlook and other standard office programs); and the ability to multi-task. Excellent organizational are essential.
• Use basic math to solve problems
• Communicate clearly, concisely, and affectively both verbally and written in English and Spanish.
• Experience thinking critically about systems and workflow and identifying needs for development.
• Ability to follow written and/or verbal instructions.
• Attention to detail, organized and thorough, with desire for continuous improvement.
• Must be able to maintain a regular 8-hour shift five days per week. Shift may vary during end of month.
• The ability to work in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines and work under pressure.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a must.
• Must have a minimum of at least 2 years of accounts receivable and Collection's experience
• Must be willing to work in Dallas, TX.
• Must be willing to undergo a pre-employment background investigation
• Must have legal authorization to work in the United States
• Ability to lift over 20lbs
• Must be 18 years or older
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Estrella Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online