Estrella Media LLCDallas, TX
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast Operations Category
Browse the TV Station Category
Search for Technical Director jobs in Dallas-TX
Search all Technical Director postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Technical Director? Estrella TV
We are looking for someone who is pro-active, a team player, creative, and keeps their composure during stressful situations. Candidate should be skilled at Technical Directing of fast-paced scripted and breaking News coverage, and other sports and entertainment programs. The successful candidate must be a team leader as well as a positively contributing member of the team. The ability to work in the field on remote productions and a skillset that includes camera operation, both in-studio and in the field, and some experience with audio operation will be considered strong assets as well.
• Coordinates the efforts of all technical operators during newscasts and other live and recorded productions
• Observes pictures through monitors and directs camera/video staff concerning composition
• Acts as a liaison between engineering and production departments
• Works with the news producers to deliver a clean and high energy newscast
• Switches video sources and given direction at the same time during live broadcasts
• Tests equipment to ensure proper operation
• Candidate must communicate effectively with news/sports/entertainment producers, graphic artists, engineering staff, and all Production staff, to prepare and execute technically clean productions.
• React in calm and effective manor to fast-paced, 'live' television environment.
• Apply technical expertise and creative style to create interesting productions within accepted guidelines and standards.
• Ability to operate other production equipment and tasks, such as camera operation, audio operation, floor directing, and other duties as assigned.
• A minimum of 2 years of studio experience directing live, fast-paced news and or talk shows; candidates with experience in live, multi-camera studio production preferred;
• Proficiency with studio technology and remote operations, including Robotic Camera, Teleprompter, Lighting, Audio & Video Playback robotic camera systems and lighting; ability to identify and troubleshoot technical issues;
• Detail-orientated and proficient in streamlining workflows for optimal efficiency
• Ability to multi-task and work in a high pressure fast paced environment, usually with tight and changing deadlines.
• Bilingual skills (English/Spanish) required
• Must be willing to work in Dallas, TX
• Must be willing to work long hours, holidays and weekends on short notice.
• Must be willing to undergo a pre-employment background investigation
• Must have legal authorization to work in the United States
• Must be able to lift 25 lbs. and set / strike studio gear
• Must possess valid Texas driving license and a good driving record.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Estrella Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer.