Audio Production Assistant
Estrella Media LLCHouston, TX
Full Time Job
Audio Production Assistant
We are Houston's KTJM/KJOJ 98.5/103.3 FM (La Raza), KQQK 107.9 FM, KEYH/KNTE 850AM/101.7FM (La Ranchera), KZJL-TV Estrella TV 61, 24-Hour News 61.2 and Clasico 61.3, based in the #4 Hispanic demographic market, looking for an Audio Production Assistant/Coordinator. The Audio Production Assistant/Coordinator will be responsible for recording and editing an elaborate sequence in audio for various platforms including video and digital as needed by the station group.
• Responsible to record and edit on-air personalities for production of audio or video platforms
• Produce and edit commercials, infomercials, liners and drops as needed
• Download music, spots, commercial, liner, infomercials and video promos for broadcast.
• Maintain and stay current on any revisions/changes sent via e-mail request via production order for completion by the department
• Responsible to download and provide a commercial block to transmit on air should station go off air.
• Troubleshoot technical broadcast and recording issues.
• Ensure quality standards are met and comply with company and client specifications.
• Work directly with Audio Production Manager and Traffic Department to complete assignments
• Work from the main office at predetermined hours to complete all production assignments
• Comply with safety regulations as outlined by Estrella Media while working from office
• Associates degree preferred
• Bilingual: English/Spanish is a must
• Knowledge of MS Office products: MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Knowledge of editing software such as Sound forges, Vegas, audition and Audio Vault
• Availability to interpret traffic scripts.
• Experience working in a communication/public relations/production environment; radio or TV broadcast setting is highly desirable but not required.
• Excellent written, verbal, communication and interpersonal skills in English and Spanish.
• Minimum 2 years experience in radio production preferred
• Ability to multi-task and work in a high pressured, fast paced environment with tight deadlines.
• Attention to detail, organized and thorough, with desire for continuous improvement.
• Team player with a positive attitude and focus on business issues.
• Must be willing to work in Houston, TX.
• Must be willing to undergo a pre-employment background investigation
• Must have legal authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Estrella Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Estrella Media, Inc. is a leading vertically integrated Spanish-language media company operating across several top markets in the US. Estrella Media is one of the top producers of Spanish language content, producing annually over 2,500 hours of original news, and entertainment programming at our Estrella studios in Burbank, CA. which broadcasts nationally on our Estrella TV Network. Additionally, Estrella Media is one of the most prolific developers and producers of radio talent and programming. We are looking for high energy and passionate people who want to grow with us. This is an entry-level position.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online