Associate Producer/ Writer
Estrella Media LLCDallas, TX
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the TV Station Category
Search for Associate Producer/ Writer jobs in Dallas-TX
Search all Associate Producer/ Writer postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Associate Producer/ Writer? Associate Producer / Writer
We are Estrella Media, Inc., the largest privately-held, minority-owned Spanish-language broadcaster in the United States, which owns TV and radio stations operating in top Hispanic markets throughout the country and is the parent company of the Estrella TV Network, one of the fastest growing television networks in the U.S. We are currently looking for talented and passionate people who want to grow with us.
Estrella TV has an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and creative Associate Producer/Writer on a News Show. The Associate Producer/Writer will work closely with the Producer and Director to help guide and create a live, daily broadcast.
• Coordinating all the visual and audio elements of the show (Packages, VO's SOT's, Graphics) required by Producers to build the newscast
• Read, prepare and write news stories, in Spanish, for broadcast from information obtained from assignment desk, press releases, social media, and other sources and extract pertinent facts and details.
• Verify accuracy of facts; obtain supplemental material and additional details from knowledgeable sources.
• Organize material and write story conforming to specified length, style, and format requirements.
• Gather visual and audio elements from News Agencies, Social Media or other News Outlets
• Coordinate all the feeds sent from the field (photographers, reporters), and make sure all the elements required by Producers and Reporters are received and included
• Coordinate editing procedures and distribute work to editors based on priorities
• Quality Control, the Associate Producer is responsible for revising every video and audio of the show to ensure videos edited have good quality and the audio meets FCC requirements
• Be in constant communication with producers, and report length of stories, videos that have poor quality or any audio problems
• Understanding of, and good performance at a fast-paced and deadline driven environment.
• Excellent writing and communication skills
• 1 - 2 years' experience in the Television Business (preferably in the news business)
• Thrive in a fast-paced environment, meet tight deadlines
• Positive attitude, detail and customer oriented, with good multi-tasking and organizational ability
• Bilingual: Must be fluent in reading, writing and speaking English and Spanish
• BA/BS preferred in Communications, New Media or Public Relations
• Must be willing to work in Dallas, TX. [no relocations]
• Must be willing to work long hours, holidays and weekends on short notice.
• Must be willing to undergo a pre-employment background investigation
• Must have legal authorization to work in the United States
• Must possess valid TX Driver's license and a good driving record.
• Must be 18 years or older
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Estrella Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer.