Estrella Media LLCIrving, TX
Full Time Job
We are Estrella Media, Inc., the largest privately-held, minority-owned Spanish-language broadcaster in the United States, which owns TV and radio stations operating in top Hispanic markets throughout the country; parent company of the Estrella TV Network, one of the fastest growing television networks in the U.S. We are currently looking for talented and passionate people who want to grow with us.
Estrella Media has an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and creative Assignment Desk for Local News casts. The Assignment Desk will be responsible for researching and distributing news coverage assignments to reporters. Candidates should have experience in arranging and coordinating news content.
- The assignment desk editor will have knowledge of local market and all news agencies and sources to be able to determine the importance of news items for a newscast.
- Assign stories to reporters, and oversee them in the field as stories develop. Be able to direct cameramen and multimedia journalists to assignments. Maintain and develop contacts in immigration, police, and community organizations to source information of interest to our audience.
- Source area maps and be able to give directions.
- Monitor police scanners, satellite feeds and other sources for breaking news.
- Dispatch and coordinate news crews to cover all aspects of the news day.
- Develop sources that can be contacted during breaking news and possess skills to advance a story beyond the basics.
- Assist News team in coming up with story ideas and gathering information.
- Help promote News cast and develop content in Social Media platforms.
- Communications or Journalism degree preferred.
- Prior experience as an Assignment Desk/Editor.
- Working knowledge of MS office products, i.e., MS Word and Windows environment.
- Be self-motivated, and creative, with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent research and organizational skills.
- Experience in coordinating staff.
- Skilled in all Social Media platforms.
- Have extensive knowledge of the Hispanic community.
- Excellent written, verbal, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a high pressure fast paced environment, usually with tight and changing deadlines.
- Bilingual: Fluency in written & spoken English/Spanish is required.
- Knowledge of video editing systems and technology.Eligibility
- Must be willing to work in Dallas , TX
- Must be willing to work long hours, holidays and weekends on short notice.
- Must be willing to undergo a pre-employment background investigation.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the United States.
- Must possess valid TX Driver's license and a good driving record.
- Must be 18 years or older.
Disclaimer The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Estrella Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online