Estrella Media, Inc.Burbank, CA
Full Time Job
Estrella Media, Inc. is a leading Spanish-language media company creating video and audio content for multiplatform distribution in the United States and worldwide. Estrella Media is one of the largest U.S. producers of Spanish-language video content, producing over 4,000 hours annually of news and entertainment programming at its Estrella Studios. It has a library of over 20,000 hours of original entertainment programming.
Estrella Media informs and entertains U.S. Hispanic television audiences on the EstrellaTV national broadcast network, owned and operated stations in leading Hispanic markets, and through free ad-supported streaming platforms airing EstrellaTV. Also, audiences can access Estrella News, the first 24/7 Spanish-language multiplatform news network in the U.S.
Estrella Media is also one of the leading producers of Spanish-language audio programming and events. The company's Don Cheto Radio Network features one of the nation's most popular radio talents. Estrella Media's highly rated radio programming is broadcast on its radio stations in the top U.S. Hispanic markets and streamed on digital media platforms. Estrella also produces large-scale music festivals, concerts, and special events throughout the U.S.
The primary objective of the Senior Accountant is the day-to-day general ledger accounting, including financial planning and reporting and analysis. This position will interact and work directly with the finance and accounting team, as well as external auditors, and the finance management.
• Participate in the monthly, quarterly and annual close process ensuring strict deadlines are met
• Prepare journal entries, variance analyses and balance sheet reconciliations
• Review capital expenditure schedules and coordinate tax reportable transactions
• Assist in the quarterly and annual external financial audit
• Ensure all financial data is in compliance with GAAP
• Strengthen accounting and financial processes to achieve best practices and optimal output
• Ad Hoc analysis and projects as required
• Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance required
• 3-5 years of broad general accounting and corporate reporting experience
• Strong knowledge of GAAP and accounting practices and application
• Effective time management, presentation and organizational skills.
• Flexibility in hours as required for deliverable deadlines
• Strong analytical, numerical proficiency, and problem solving skills
• Self starter, motivated and team player
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to collaborate with other teams across the organization
• Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
• Previous entertainment television and radio broadcasting industry experience a plus
• Knowledge of Oracle Cloud System a plus
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus
• Must be willing to work in Burbank, CA
• Must be willing to work long hours, holidays, and weekends, including on short notice
• Must be willing to undergo a pre-employment background investigation
• Must have legal authorization to work in the United States
• Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire
• Must be 18 years or older
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Estrella Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online