Local News Producer
Estrella Media, Inc.Burbank, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the TV Station Category
Search for Local News Producer jobs in Burbank-CA
Local News Producer
The Local News Producer is responsible for managing an entire newscast, from gathering all elements (packages, VO's, sound bites, copy stories, graphics) created throughout the day to construct a local newscast that will enlighten and engage our viewing audience. Additionally, the Local News Producer is responsible for directing the production and technical crew in the control room to ensure that the newscast is executed cleanly on air.
• Provide creativity, leadership, and vision for designated local newscast.
• Oversee all news stories for accuracy, fairness, and grammar.
• Create rundown that provides smooth composition and flow to the program.
• Write and edit copy and make sure the most impactful video is use for editing.
• Maintain ongoing communication with field crews to assess story angel, changes, and progression.
• Supervise control room staff and ensure all elements are executed cleanly on air.
• Oversee news meetings where the days' stories and assignments are reviewed.
• Demonstrated solid news judgement, strong working knowledge of local LA news.
• Excellent writing, editorial and producing skills.
• Ability to create compelling news stories with strong visual elements and consistent story flow.
• Ability to lead and supervise crew in the production process.
• Excellent organizational and attention to detail self-motivated with a desire and eye for continuous improvement and a passion to win.
• Ability to multi-task and work in a high pressure fast paced environment with tight deadlines.
• Excellent communication skills; fully bilingual in English/Spanish.
• Communications or Journalism degree or equivalent work experience.
• Minimum 3 years' prior work experience in Spanish language TV or digital productions.
• Ability to work day or late night shifts and holidays.
• Must be willing to work in Burbank, CA [no relocations]
• Must be willing to undergo a pre-employment background investigation
• Must have legal authorization to work in the United States
• Must be willing to work overtime, holiday or weekends on short notice
• Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire.
• Must possess a valid CA Drivers License with good driving record
• Must be 18 years or older.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
EMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.