Estrella Media, Inc.Burbank, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing Category
Search for Label Director jobs in Burbank-CA
Estrella Media is a leading Spanish-language media company and one of the largest U.S. producers of Spanish-language video and audio content for multiplatform distribution worldwide, with a library of over 20,000 hours of original video content.
Estrella Media's content studio feeds all its digital and linear media platforms, including EstrellaTV, its national broadcast television network that is seen on 16 owned or operated stations and over 33 affiliated stations and through cable and satellite providers and digital streaming platforms; Estrella News, the first 24/7 Spanish-language multiplatform digital news network in the U.S.; and Estrella Games, the first 24/7 curated Spanish-language game show channel in the U.S. Estrella Media's digital content reach is more than 4 billion minutes per month, viewed across its entire multiplatform media portfolio, including its rapidly growing FAST, AVOD, and streaming audio platforms.
Estrella Media owns and operates 14 radio stations and the Don Cheto Radio Network, with 33 affiliated stations throughout the U.S. and featuring one of the nation's most popular radio talents, Don Cheto. Estrella Media also produces large-scale music festivals, concerts, and special events throughout the U.S. In addition, Estrella Media produces podcasts for audio streaming, and it recently launched a new music division, Estrella Media Music Entertainment, to help develop the next generation of Latin music stars.
To learn more about Estrella Media and see company updates, please visit Estrella Media at estrellamedia.com, and follow us on Twitter @Estrellamedia_, Facebook @Estrellamediainc, and LinkedIn @Estrella Media, Inc.
The ideal Label Director candidate will be highly creative but have a strong business sense, communication skills, and follow-through. This person will oversee the day-to-day operations of the music label department and will be responsible to sign new talent, preparing and revising contracts, coordinate music recordings, and manage recording budgets.
Essential Duties Responsibilities:
• Identifying and signing talent, both recording artists and composers
• Work with talent and oversee projects through the recording process including developing the talent, matching/finding hit songs, recording sessions, monitoring the budgets, etc.
• Have exceptional knowledge and working relationships within the songwriter and artist communities, music publishers and A&R to facilitate creative and collaborative opportunities.
• Have excellent communication/presentation skills in order to work with other parties across the Company on a variety of projects such as soundtracks and compilations.
• Identify and sign new artists and songwriters that stand out as unique and individual.
• Meet and correspond with potential and existing artists and songwriters to establish trusted relationships.
• Attend regular department and other creative meetings to ensure strong communication with the entire EMME team.
• Maintain a professional, consistent, ethical style of operation, operating with integrity within our Company, the creative community and with our artists and songwriters.
• Maintain awareness and understanding of modern musical, cultural, technological and production trends to keep our artists, their songs and their production values relevant.
• Maintain strong relationships with label department, managers, producers, songwriters and other creatives while constantly developing new contacts to expand.
• Five years of experience in the music industry
• Background knowledge of industry metadata standards
• An interest in the independent music sector
• Strong relationships in the creative community.
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to prioritize and complete projects within deadlines
• Strong analytical skills
• Strong presentation skills
• Self-starter mentality and drive
• Requires occasional travel
• Must be willing to work in Burbank, CA
• Must be willing to work long hours, holidays, and weekends, including on short notice
• Must be willing to undergo a pre-employment background investigation
• Must have legal authorization to work in the United States
• Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire
• Must be 18 years or older
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Estrella Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer